Mother's Day

I am honored to be a mother to these 2 beautiful girls. I am humbled that the Lord entrusted these 2 children to me. It is a huge task and not one to be taken lightly. I always wanted children. Kids make me laugh. I have always enjoyed being around them. I babysat a lot as a teenager and had a passion to be an elementary teacher for as long as I can remember. In all my experience though, I didn't think being a mother would be this difficult. Don't get me wrong, it's worth it! However, being a mom to a special needs child isn't easy. I thought our days would be filled with playing, learning, and enjoying life. In reality, our days are filled with taking EK to therapy, school, doctor appointments, running errands, etc. After a couple years of working with her, EK still doesn't play appropriately with toys and learning is not enjoyable to her, it's work. We do enjoy life together, but it looks much different than typical families.


EK and AC have taught me so much. I am daily reminded of my sinfulness and how selfish I am when I don't submit to the Holy Spirit. I want to teach them about grace and mercy, about who Christ is and all that He's done for us. There are some days I do better than others. On my not-so-good days, it amazes me how forgiving my girls are. I pray that the Lord will continue to mold me and grow me into the woman He desires me to be so that my girls will have a godly role model. Someone they can admire and respect and ultimately, a mother who strives to bring glory to God with her life! Lord, give me the grace and wisdom to be a woman that pleases you!



Comments

  1. Look at all those beautiful blue eyes! Love! And I can't even TELL you are pregnant - I need to see some belly shots!! :)

    Happy Mother's Day to one of my most favorite mommies in the world!!!!! Love and miss you sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love this pictue and the girls in it....sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I lift your post for my blog? Well said. You come to my mind frequently and I pray for you and your EK. :-) Hope the school year finishes well and you have a wonderful Summer! Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girls... all three of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...