Christmas Recital and Program

AC started taking violin in September. She is doing a fabulous job. Her teacher teaches the Suzuki method, which I wasn't familiar with, but so far it's a good match for my girl. She can play by ear and loves to learn new songs to play for her teacher. She had her first recital earlier this month. I am so proud of her for getting up in front of a room full of people and playing. She was nervous but did a good job for her first time! (Her recital made me so thankful that I don't have to do recitals anymore. STRESSFUL!!)

AK had his preschool Christmas program last week. He had been singing some of the songs around the house and around town. I knew he was ready but the morning of, he said he wasn't going to do his program. I knew he was nervous. (He missed his church choir program b/c he said his ear was hurting him that night at dinner. He hadn't said anything all day about his ear, but suddenly it was going to be "embarrassing" and "distracting". Stinker!) Keith took him that morning and I had no idea if he would sing or stand there and cry or even refuse to go on stage. He did great! He kept looking at us and smiling! :) So proud of him.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas