EK turns 13

Oh my goodness! This was such a bittersweet day. I love that she is growing up and turning into a little young lady, but this isn't how I pictured our teen years would be. She is non-verbal, not potty trained, needs help with a lot of things. She can feed herself if it's finger food and can pick up her cup to take a drink from a sippy cup. She doesn't understand danger (hot stove tops, running into the street, walking off, etc. She's basically a toddler in a 11 year old body...I say that since she's so petite. AC passed her over a year ago height-wise.
As hard as things are at times, she is such a beautiful girl. Her smile lights up a room and her giggles are priceless. She is content most of the time, unlike her preschool years where she cried A LOT. She loves being around her siblings and remembers people who's been kind to her. She loves riding her pony at therapy. She likes school too. Her teachers are very kind to her and that's very important to us, since we live in a fallen world where she could easily be taken advantage of or abused.
The Lord has taught me a lot through her. I learned a long time ago how selfish I am when things don't go how I want them to go. I've had to prioritize the important things in life and it's always good to be reminded of things that will last for eternity. God has been so gracious to me, to remind me of His faithfulness (despite my times of doubt), His strength (because I can't do this parenting thing on my own), His grace (His mercies are new every day, which is so encouraging when I've had a really bad day of living out my flesh) and His love (that allows me to love others).
Happy Birthday sweet girl! The journey hasn't always been easy,
but you've made me a better person. You made me a mama for the first time. I am so thankful you are mine. You are very loved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...