School year 2018-2019
So, I have neglected this blog for months. I haven't found a way to upload pictures from my phone to this site easily and life is so much busier as the kids get older. People told me it was going to be true but I'm not sure I believed them. Now, I get it. EK is in 6th grade this year and enjoying it. I like her teachers and there are some really sweet friends in her class. She is happy and cared for. My expectations have changed a little over the years. While I would love for her to make progress (and she does a few things there at school that she doesn't do here at home), I know she loves being around friends and having the routine and structure that she has there. It also allows me to homeschool AC and AK. I couldn't do that if EK were home full-time.
AC is halfway through 5th grade! SO hard to believe. She is still taking piano lessons, participating in Bible Drill, GA's and kid's choir at church. She also gets to do Route 56 on Sunday evenings now. It's a bible study for 5th and 6th graders. She has some great, sweet girl friends at church and I'm so thankful. We're also doing a co-op on Wednesdays where she takes a few classes. She prefers to be at home but it's good to get out of her comfort zone too. She's growing into a young lady and it makes me a little sad. She turned 11 in September.
AK is 7 and in 1st grade. This year has gone so much smoother than last year. There were days last year I wanted to quit. He has gotten into the routine easily and knows there are things that have to get done before he can play. :) He's really starting to read and it's so exciting to see. He loves math! He planning to play flag football next month. He loves doing RA's and kid's choir at church on Wednesdays. He enjoys going to our co-op but you would too, if you could make art, do science experiments and create with legos.
EJ had to get a picture if her siblings get pictures. She wants to keep up with the big kids! This girl adds spice to our family. ;)
So excited we are on the downhill slide to summer. These kids are learning a lot and I'm proud of their hard work and diligence. Some days are better than others, of course. It's a privilege to teach them!
Comments
Post a Comment