A great summer!

I cannot believe summer is almost over. I have been organizing and purchasing curriculum over the past couple weeks. We start a new school year on Wednesday.
EK will be a 7th grader.
AC will be a 6th grader.
AK will be a 2nd grader.
EJ will begin her last year of preschool at church in a couple weeks. (She's ready to start right now and upset that she isn't starting before EK.)
While we didn't go on a vacation this summer, here are few things we did:

  • VBS: What a great week we had at the beginning of June.
  • trips to the park with friends
  • swimming at Mimi's with cousins
  • weekly trips to the library
  • 4th of July at farm with some of our family 
  • Hawaiian Falls
  • art camp for AC
  • music camp for AK
  • ballet camp for EJ
  • EK had ESY (extended school year) 4 mornings a week for 4 weeks 
  • cousin sleepovers with Mimi and Pops
  • and Keith and I got away for 3 days to San Francisco the end of June.
This summer has been great! EK is calming down the older she gets. I used to dread summer because she'd be so upset about no school. Now, we can hang out at the house or run some easy errands and she's pretty content. We got a stroller for her a couple summers ago and it's really helped. She can come along to the playground or splash park, but I don't have to be a nervous wreck about her wandering off. 
If I can figure out how to add pictures to this post from my phone, I will!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...