Lost in Translation...
AC is talking all the time. It's so fun to see what's going on in her mind. She'll have conversations with her baby doll or stuffed animal. She'll talk about what she sees while we're driving in the car. She'll tell me what EK is into to....that's a helpful thing! :)
I think she speaks pretty clearly and that a stranger would understand most of what she's saying...especially because she'll keep saying it until you get it! ;) I'm sure there are times she's thinking, "What's wrong with you mama? Can't you understand that I'm saying the word ______?" Sometimes she'll even make gestures and point to an item to help me out. :)
There are a few words that I have to translate for people and I don't want to forget the cute words she's made up:
gla-gless: glasses
no anks: No thanks
cluff-cloff: washcloth (not sure where that one came from)
em-a-lade: lemonade
sic it: fix it
EK has recently starting calling her sister "Aubo". Again, not sure where these things come from, but it's pretty cute. I need to keep these "cute things" in my mind when they've done something that's not-so cute! Can I get an amen from other moms who can relate?? :)
I think she speaks pretty clearly and that a stranger would understand most of what she's saying...especially because she'll keep saying it until you get it! ;) I'm sure there are times she's thinking, "What's wrong with you mama? Can't you understand that I'm saying the word ______?" Sometimes she'll even make gestures and point to an item to help me out. :)
There are a few words that I have to translate for people and I don't want to forget the cute words she's made up:
gla-gless: glasses
no anks: No thanks
cluff-cloff: washcloth (not sure where that one came from)
em-a-lade: lemonade
sic it: fix it
EK has recently starting calling her sister "Aubo". Again, not sure where these things come from, but it's pretty cute. I need to keep these "cute things" in my mind when they've done something that's not-so cute! Can I get an amen from other moms who can relate?? :)
And the moms all said, "Amen." Melissa, you won't regret this journal. I kept journals on the girls for their several years, just writing stories, words. The last two years have been slacking but now I am using the blog to help me with that with Jackson and them.
ReplyDeletehttp://bandssullivan.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteplease please please pray for this family~!
Amen Melissa!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about the girls....it allows me to be apart of their sweet lives even though we live so far away :-) Love to all! Aunt Laura
the little things are sweet.....and they are what matters....i love when kids use their own language...i never corrected my kids..i figured they'd get corrected soon enough...one of taylor's was "chinklunk" for chipmunk....i still call them chinklunks....:)
ReplyDelete