Older buddies!




Several months ago, a sixth grader from our church volunteered to come over Thursday afternoons and play with the girls. I wasn't sure how it'd go. EK is rather possessive of her territory and doesn't always like visitors to come. But I also knew we needed to push the boundaries a little. The first time she came, EK hardly fussed. I was shocked! There's something about Emily that EK loves! She's very sweet to my girls. She plays whatever games AC comes up with....Elefun, Goodnight Moon, train (a game AC came up with).
I love that I have some time to start dinner, clean up the kitchen, or start a load of laundry. Keith came home early on Thursday and Emily was here. He couldn't believe how happy EK was. Several times, EK went over to sit by Emily and AC. I got a picture of them reading books. :) I'm thankful that Emily is willing to give up her free time and love on my girls.

*******************************************
At preschool on Fridays, EK sees her 4th grade buddies. These 4 graders are in the gifted/talented program and they come "play" with the preschoolers. It's a neat opportunity for them to "teach" the little ones how to play and interact. For a while, EK was quite nervous around them. Eventually she'd go in the ballpit with her buddy while he read her a story. The past couple weeks, her buddy used the toys EK works with for teacher time (ring stacker, puzzles, stringing beads, etc) and EK actually played! Yesterday Ms. Sharla had pictures of EK hugging one of the 4th graders and playing with them on the floor. It really made my heart melt! :) In this crazy world of selfishness, it's so nice to see some kids being extra kind and sensitive to my girl!

Comments

  1. That's really neat! What a sweet servant heart that Emily must have! I'm sure that your girls are a huge blessing to her, too. It sounds like a win-win situation all the way around. :)

    P.S. I love the girls' sweet smiles in the post below. I was in the middle of commenting and got distracted and then never made it back to my comment. You know how that goes... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...