Anniversary Trip to San Diego

Keith and I had been anticipating our trip to San Diego for several weeks. Our church wanted to do something special for us since Keith celebrated his 5th year as senior pastor in May. We were a little apprehensive about leaving the girls. The last time Keith and I left EK was when AC was born, almost 3 years ago. It's just so much harder to do something like this with a special needs child. My parents were VERY gracious to stay with them! I know they are resting up from this busy week! ;)

Anyway, we left on Monday morning. We arrived in San Diego mid-afternoon and had some time to relax in our hotel before we met my extended family for dinner. Here's our room...the bed faced the ocean! :)

Here's a view from our balcony. I don't think I could ever tire of looking at that!

Here we are at Miguel's with my aunt, uncle, 2 cousins and my sweet 2nd cousin


Tuesday morning we decided to do some exploring


In case you missed the above photo...this is Old Point Loma lighthouse


When we were up by the lighthouse, Keith could see people closer to the water. We drove down to check it out. Heights are NOT my thing, but I did it to support my husband. :)


Keith really enjoyed this part. He obviously has no fear of heights. I prefered to stand back and just take pictures.


By the way, these are the shoes I had on. Not the best idea by me!



This is how we got down. It doesn't look bad right here because there are some wooden steps. Closer to where those people are is where it's a little tricky, especially with the aforementioned flip flops.


Sunset on the beach...does it get much better than this?? I was in awe many times over God's creation. I think the vastness of the ocean always reminds me of how small I am and how big our Creator is.
I can honestly say I was shivering as I took this picture. I didn't pack enough warm clothes. Our weather was beautiful! Not to brag, but it was in the 70's during the day and much cooler once the sun was down. I can't remember the last time I was cold in August. It was a nice break from the 100+ degree weather we're having this summer in Texas!

Wednesday morning we decided to explore Coronado Island some more. We had breakfast in town and then rented a tandem bicycle. I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would. I was behind Keith and couldn't see a thing. I completely trusted him, but it's a little nerve-wracking to be moving and not be able see in front of you. (Note to self: Get individual bikes next time.) I was thankful when we parked the bike to ride the ferry. :)

Downtown San Diego


Riding the ferry from Coronado Island to downtown San Diego

We toured this naval battleship: USS Midway

Wednesday night we went out for a nice dinner and had this yummy Bread Pudding for dessert!


Our last night in wonderful San Diego
We had so much fun! We can't wait to return someday, hopefully next time with the girls. It was definitely a time of relaxation and refreshment! Besides being able to spend time with my husband, I really enjoyed laying by the pool and reading a book. That hasn't happened in a long time! :) So thankful that my parents watched the girls so Keith and I could have some "couple time".

Comments

  1. Loved the pictures, friend and so glad you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad that y'all had a nice trip! You BOTH deserve it. :)

    We're so thankful for the time and effort that you both put into ministering to all of us. We are so blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know right where you are in most of those pictures....you make me homesick.....glad you had a great time....you deserved this time away and together.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect getaway!! You both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics of the trip! So glad you & Keith were able to get away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas