First Day of School 2010

Wow! What a long day! I am one tired mama. Apparently EK was tired too because she was out in about 15 minutes tonight. Today was the first day of our new schedule. EK is now going to ABA therapy 3 mornings a week from 9-11am. Since I had no idea what traffic would be like at that time of day, we left at 8am. We got there at 8:40 (WAY too early) so we drove around for a bit. It's nice to know that I don't have to leave right at 8am or that we can run an errand or two on the way.

EK had one of her favorite therapists this morning. Erin said that she worked well. She also noted that EK was making quite a few different sounds. We've noticed that too. No real words yet, but lots of babbling. I'm scared to get too excited about it, but it's more than we've heard in several months. Her sounds aren't necessarily meaningful, for instance, she's saying "ma-ma-ma" but it's not to get my attention. She DOES think it's funny when you imitate her though. She's also attempted to make sounds when I ask her to repeat something. It may not be close to what I said, but the fact that she's trying is a BIG DEAL!! Please pray that this continues!

After therapy, we drove back to Keller. She ate her lunch on the way because preschool starts at noon. We had a little time to spare, but not enough to stop home in between therapy and preschool. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are going to be her busy days this year.

It was rather chaotic when I dropped her off. I knew it would be. We were a little early and I didn't see Ms. Sharla. I passed her off to one of the other STACC teachersthat I met at summer school. EK was crying but she went off with her. I hated to leave her like that, but I knew it would be a nightmare for me to walk her into the schoo and then leavel. As I drove off, I prayed that she would settle down and have a good day.

AC and I got to school a little early to pick her up. AC wanted to park and walk to get her. Since I wanted to get a picture or two, I thought that was a good idea. We waited a few minutes and then Ms. Sharla walked out with a very happy EK! In Ms. Sharla's words" Amazing first day! Happy and calm all day!" She also said that there was NO regression noted, which means that her summer school teacher Ms. Jen did a FANTASTIC job with her. I think having ABA therapy over the summer helped as well. I'm so pleased with how today went and pray that it continues! Praise the Lord she has Ms. Sharla again!! Thanks for all your prayers!

EK and Ms. Sharla (I know it's not a great picture, but I didn't want to push it and get one of her screaming!)

Please disregard the crazy hair! Again, not a great picture, but wanted to get one of her outside her new school. :)

Comments

  1. What a blessing that she had a great first day and I hope it is the start of a great year for her. How cool that it is so close to where we live too! How encouraging to hear the sounds and babbles!!!! Believing with you that it turns into words and YES ALL progress is a gift. Yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for good days and answered prayers! We'll keep praying for more. He's a good and big God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! What wonderful, encouraging news! That is amazing progress, for sure. I am thrilled that precious EK is doing so well!

    We're saying prayers that the progress will continue exponentially!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...