Meet the Teacher
EK is going to a brand new school this year. Our district built a school that is only for 3-5 year olds. Programs like PPCD, STAAC (the PPCD for autism), and Pre-K will attend here. It's a really neat building. Everything is made so it's accessible to kids who are preschool age...things like bathrooms, water fountains, white boards, etc.
So, tonight was "Meet the Teacher" but since we already know Ms. Sharla and Ms. Cecelia, it was more of "Meet your new school". It was good for EK to go up there, so it's not completely new on Monday. I talked about how we were going to see Ms. Sharla. I had EK walk in as we pushed AC in the stroller (mainly so I had a place to shove the supplies). I had no idea how she'd do, but thought it was worth a try. She did FANTASTIC! We saw her friend A in the hallway and stopped to say hi. (I'm so thankful that A is in her class. EK really likes him.)
EK lost it when we walked in the classroom. I'm sure she wasn't sure what was going on. Mom and teachers aren't supposed to be in the same room in her mind, I guess. She cried for a while, but eventually settled down. I know she'll be fine once she gets back into routine. She doesn't do well with free time. On the way out, I stopped to talk to the director and a different teacher spoke to EK. EK didn't reply, but she didn't start crying either. I was proud of her!
Here's a picture of our sweet EK who starts back to school on Monday. Praying this is the year the Lord allows her to start talking again. You can also pray that she'll settle back into her routine quickly so the learning can begin. We'll keep you posted.
EK lost it when we walked in the classroom. I'm sure she wasn't sure what was going on. Mom and teachers aren't supposed to be in the same room in her mind, I guess. She cried for a while, but eventually settled down. I know she'll be fine once she gets back into routine. She doesn't do well with free time. On the way out, I stopped to talk to the director and a different teacher spoke to EK. EK didn't reply, but she didn't start crying either. I was proud of her!
Here's a picture of our sweet EK who starts back to school on Monday. Praying this is the year the Lord allows her to start talking again. You can also pray that she'll settle back into her routine quickly so the learning can begin. We'll keep you posted.
Melissa, she is so beautiful! What a precious girl! So glad she already knows her teacher and has a friend in class. We will be praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful that God is answering prayers for your beautiful daughter! We're asking Him to let her speak again soon. Hope she has a great first day back tomorrow!
ReplyDelete