Announcing the arrival of Andrew Keith
Our sweet boy is here! :) We are all in love!!! He arrived on Saturday, August 20th at 5am. He came at 37 weeks, 6 days like his sister AC and weighed in at 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
Feel free to skip over the birth story to see pictures:
I had gone to the doctor on Friday morning. Everything looked good and normal and I scheduled another appointment for the following Thursday (hoping I would have the baby before then). On the way home, I stopped to get a pedicure. AC tagged along and was such a good girl. I had no indication that we'd be having a baby in less than 24 hours. :)
I went to bed around 11pm and woke up at 12:30 with my first contraction. I wasn't sure if we should go to the hospital right away so I started timing them. By 1am, I had had 7! I woke up Keith so he could call my parents. I finished packing my bag and as soon as my parents got to our house, we left. We were in a room by 2am. I begged for an epidural as soon as we got there, especially when I found out I was between a 6 and 7. I was a little worried that it was too late. The nurses worked quickly to get everything ready for the anesthesiologist. Within 30 minutes, the anesthesiologist hooked me up and I was able to rest a little. He was here at 5am. Definitely my quickest labor! :) I am so thankful that he arrived safely and is healthy!
So, enough about all the details, you want to see pictures! :) Here's our sweet boy!
Here's big sister AC. She wants to hold him all the time and constantly kisses him. It's so precious to watch! I am thankful that she's happy about his arrival. :)
Here's Keith with his 3 children. Emma Kate, Aubrey Claire and Andrew Keith
I want to tell a little about EK. To be honest, before AK's arrival, we weren't even sure if EK could handle coming to see me at the hospital. I wanted her to come, but I didn't know how she'd react to a new place. She was FABULOUS!!! Keith went home Saturday at lunch and brought the girls up to the hospital. Several hospital workers came in and out of the room and EK never fussed. They stayed with us for about 2 hours and then my parents took them home. That is such a huge accomplishment for EK and we are so proud of her! She wasn't interested in AK at the hospital. At home, she'll look at him and smile as she walks by. Keith tried to get her to touch him today and she'd shy away but giggle while doing it. I know she likes him, she just doesn't know how to show it.
AK got his first baseball bat, glove and ball from a family at church. Keith had to get a picture of him with it. :)
Andrew's little toes
He has some dark hair.
His coming home outfit
Almost time to leave the hospital
In his carseat, ready to go home!
First nap in the pack and play (He slept pretty well in there last night too. I had to wake him up both times to feed him. Much better than when we were in the hospital!)
AC getting some cuddle time with AK
We are adjusting to being a family of five! Keith is off this week and I am so thankful to have his help. EK started school yesterday (I'll write about that in another post), so he's been taking her and picking her up. It's great having an extra set of hands, especially since he LOVES his kids. :) Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!
Feel free to skip over the birth story to see pictures:
I had gone to the doctor on Friday morning. Everything looked good and normal and I scheduled another appointment for the following Thursday (hoping I would have the baby before then). On the way home, I stopped to get a pedicure. AC tagged along and was such a good girl. I had no indication that we'd be having a baby in less than 24 hours. :)
I went to bed around 11pm and woke up at 12:30 with my first contraction. I wasn't sure if we should go to the hospital right away so I started timing them. By 1am, I had had 7! I woke up Keith so he could call my parents. I finished packing my bag and as soon as my parents got to our house, we left. We were in a room by 2am. I begged for an epidural as soon as we got there, especially when I found out I was between a 6 and 7. I was a little worried that it was too late. The nurses worked quickly to get everything ready for the anesthesiologist. Within 30 minutes, the anesthesiologist hooked me up and I was able to rest a little. He was here at 5am. Definitely my quickest labor! :) I am so thankful that he arrived safely and is healthy!
So, enough about all the details, you want to see pictures! :) Here's our sweet boy!
Here's big sister AC. She wants to hold him all the time and constantly kisses him. It's so precious to watch! I am thankful that she's happy about his arrival. :)
Here's Keith with his 3 children. Emma Kate, Aubrey Claire and Andrew Keith
AK got his first baseball bat, glove and ball from a family at church. Keith had to get a picture of him with it. :)
Andrew's little toes
He has some dark hair.
His coming home outfit
Almost time to leave the hospital
In his carseat, ready to go home!
First nap in the pack and play (He slept pretty well in there last night too. I had to wake him up both times to feed him. Much better than when we were in the hospital!)
AC getting some cuddle time with AK
He is just adorable! I've been waiting for these pictures :) Congrats again, and can't wait to meet him in person!
ReplyDeleteokay tell me he's wearing a feltman? oh my goodness that bring home outfit is sooo darling...my boys wore them till they were 2 years old...i love them....he is beautiful melissa...just beautiful...i am so happpy for you to have a boy too...i loved my boys...they are fun to raise...(of course the girls are too) it's just fun when God gives us both girls and boys...ac looks very happy and i am so happy ek is giggling at him...:) wish i could see him but i am so thankful you blog...i know i can see him through pictures...hug on him for me...and your gift is going in the mail soon....:)
ReplyDeleteWow! Melissa, we are just thrilled you you all! AK is beautiful... I see a lot of his sisters in him already! LOVE the daddy pic. Let us know if you need anything... praise God for EK's giggles! Special bonds!
ReplyDelete