One month old

On September 20th, AK turned one month old. It's hard to believe! He's growing fast and getting bigger. He's really starting to fill out. I went to a friend's house today (Thanks Carrie!) so I could weigh him and he is a whopping 11 lbs. 4 oz!! He was only 8 lbs. 8 oz. at his 2 weeks check-up. He's 5 weeks old today. He eats all the time (including nighttime) so it doesn't completely surprise me. I do think he's capable of doing a longer stretch now, so we'll work on that. I need him to start sleeping at least one good stretch (even 5 hours would be fabulous!) He's sleeping in our room in his bouncy seat b/c of some reflux. I imagine he'll stay in our room for another month or so and then we'll try to move him to his crib in AC's room. Praying he sleeps better by then! :)

He's a pretty easy going baby. He loves to be held (and I'm willing to do it!). He will take a pacifier if he's not too hungry. He really calms down when he's swaddled. He gets upset if he's hungry, tired, or needs to burp. He's very alert now and loves to look at his surroundings. (There's lots to watch with his 2 silly sisters around.) He doesn't really enjoy shopping. I know that sounds funny but the past few times I've run to a store, he'll wake up and start fussing. Usually he'll settle down, but it's b/c I end up holding him the rest of the time we're at the store. I met some friends at lunch the other day and he slept the entire 2 hours! I'm sure it's just coincidence, but maybe he's like his daddy already in regards to shopping. :)

Some firsts this month:
*first outing on 8/23 to Kroger (mommy needed to get out of the house and we needed food.)
*first doctor visit on 9/1 (2 week check-up) and PKU blood draw (He cried when they stuck him and then he quit crying. Such a tough guy already!)
*first bottle on 9/5 given by Daddy
*first real bath on 9/9
*first birthday party on 9/10 for AC
*met Grandma and PaPaw on 9/17 when they came for a visit
*starting to smile at us. It's very random right now, but it's oh so sweet when it occurs! :)

We are so thankful to have little Andrew in our family. EK is warming up to him more each day. She'll come over by him and just stare at him. She loves to watch him get a bath. AC continues to be a great helper. She likes to pick out his clothes and help give him a bath. Daddy enjoys having someone to watch the game with, even if Andrew sleeps through it. I love having a little baby around again. As tired as I am from lack of sleep, he's still a joy!  Can't wait to see his personality come out this next month!

Comments

  1. you make me want to be there when emma watches him....don't you just wonder what is going through her head..although she does understand you ...it's a curious thing to wonder what she is thinking....andrew is darling....and i'm sure aubrey is loving having a real baby to take care of..sure beats baby dolls!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...