7 months old
Another month has passed! Look at this cute little boy! :) He is such a happy boy and brings our home much joy.
Grabbing our toes
Still love to play with our tongue (I think he is curious about his 2 bottom teeth)
He loves playing in the exersaucer right now, unless he'd rather be rolling around on the floor.
Like this...total freedom! :)
Watching AC blow bubbles
He's really babbling right now and wanted to share a few things with you! :)
A few firsts this month:
*first ride in the regular stroller
*first ride in the top part of the cart
*first ear infection (actually a double!)
*first time sleeping in his crib without the bouncy seat!
*first road trip (9 1/2 hours!) and first time to Mississippi!
*switched from zantac to prevacid for reflux
*first time to say da-da
At a sick visit on 3/5, he weighed 21 lbs. 8 oz. He's wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes. Now that he's sleeping on his tummy (and the fact that he's been up every 1-2 hours the past week and half due to his ears and will only nurse back to sleep), I need to get him nighttime diapers or try size 4. He is soaking through his others that work fine during the day! And he's not such a happy boy when I try to change him in the middle of the night...
He's rolling everywhere. Not crawling yet, although I think the army crawl will happen in the next couple weeks. He moves quickly when he sees our phone or the TV remote on the floor. How does he know he shouldn't play with those things??
He likes all the food we've tried so far: peas, squash, carrots, bananas, prunes and pears. We do a little cereal sometimes that I mix with his fruit or veggie.
He laughs all the time. AC can really get him going. He's so ticklish. I don't remember the girls belly laughing this much at this age. His feet and neck are the real tickle spots! :)
I'd really have to say that sleeping is the only negative thing. The only way I knew something was wrong was that for 3 nights in a row, he was waking up every other hour (if not more). He had no fever and was his normal happy self during the day. We had a doctor friend check him Monday night and that's when we found out he had a double ear infection! I couldn't believe it, but was thankful there was a reason for his poor sleeping! I just transitioned him to sleep in his crib when we got home from MS. Before that he was sleeping in his bouncy seat due to reflux and nasal congestion. I don't know that he's sleeping any better, but I knew it was time to let him have the big bed! :) Hopefully I'll be able to report some longer stretches of sleep next month! This mama is praying for it!
I know I say it every month, but he is a joy to have around, despite his horrible sleeping habits. I just can't imagine our family without him. Both girls continue to adore him. EK is babbling at him a little more. Could Andrew be the one that gets her talking again?? Thanking the Lord for the past 7 months of AK's life and praying for many more!
Just to make you feel better -- Jonathan was a terrible sleeper from the beginning (and he's a super-happy, energetic kid). This kid wouldn't even fall asleep in a swing unless he was in the nursery at church. You've got WAY more experience with babies than we do, so this won't happen with you, but we couldn't get him to sleep through the night consistently until he was 14-15 months. Of course, there was a big move in there too that disrupted our sleep work. We had a good nighttime routine going the whole time and everything. Now he sleeps 10-12 hours every night and 45 mins - 2.5 hours for his afternoon nap. The 2.5 hours in the afternoon is very rare. Normally it's 45 min- 1 hr. We had to finally let him cry it out (which I know you can't really do while he's suffering with reflux and ear infections). Having a poor sleeper that's still a super happy kid helps a lot though, doesn't it? That just told me that he must not really need quite as much sleep as other kids. You have some beautiful, wonderful kiddos! Hope we get to meet AK soon! :o)
ReplyDelete