My 2nd child

I realized that I haven't written a post about AC in a little bit. She is the one that will notice and I don't want her feelings hurt! We are blessed to have her as a part of our family. She is such a helper to me and a great "BIG" sister to EK and AK. She keeps me on my toes and daily puts a smile on my face. I am thankful for the conversations we have and to get a glimpse of her heart. Sometimes, the glimpse is something we need to talk about and improve, but more often, I see her sweet spirit and how the Lord is already working in her life. So neat!!

Here's an example...for a couple weeks, she wasn't being very nice to EK. She was impatient with her and at times tried to stay away from her. Now, I know that all siblings have times where they don't get along. I grew up with 3 siblings so I get it. But now, I'm a mom and I want my kids to love each other. I know they won't always get along, but my desire is that they support each other and love each other because they are family. Maybe it bothers me when AC acts this way b/c I am not sure what EK understands. What if EK knows exactly what AC is doing but just can't tell her how much it hurts her feelings?
So, the other day I was in the car with AK and AC. EK was at school. Out of the blue, AC says "I'm sorry I haven't been praying for EK. I know I should thank God for my sister and not just my brother, you and Daddy." I was (and am) so proud of her! And I love that I didn't have to keep talking about it. Thank you Lord!!

Then there are other times she just makes me laugh. The other day, she was a "spectacular" house. She got out the play tent and put all sorts of things in there. When she was done, she let me come look. I noticed several useful things like pillows and a flashlight. Then I saw a microphone so I asked her why she had that in there. Her response: "It's for when I sing in the contest later." She sings all the time and half the time, it's songs she makes up. She'll sing about her day at preschool. She'll tell every detail about what she's doing as she plays. She'll make up a song just to make AK smile. :)

Blowing bubbles while waiting for EK to come home from school


What a cutie! :)

As you can see, AK adores her! (The feeling is mutual!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...