Trip to UT....part 2

I am a little behind on posting...we have VBS at our church this week so it's been BUSY!!

On Sunday, June 3rd we met up with 16 others from our church to help Desert Ridge Baptist Church host a VBS and a baseball clinic. Another church in the area (First Southern Baptist Church of SG) helped with VBS too. Hope and I taught the songs to the kids. We had a lot of fun! Keith helped with the baseball clinic. He said after the first morning that it really made him miss coaching. I'm glad he was able to share the gospel while teaching about baseball! AC attended VBS. EK sat on the back side of our sit and stand stroller and watched me teach the songs. She did really well. Between our groups, I'd give her a drink or a snack. If I hadn't buckled her in, she would have run off so I'm thankful that she was content to just sit and watch! AK hung out with Ms. Linda from our church. I am very thankful for her! I wouldn't have been able to teach the motions to the songs with a baby on my hip. ;)

Here's a picture of AK with Ms. Linda

Here's Hope and me teaching "Remarkable"



AC and AK before VBS Day 2

Jack and Aubrey on the first day of VBS (Since we had VBS at a park, the bright yellow shirts helped the adults know which kids were with us. Great idea!)


The view to my left from the gazebo where we taught songs about the gospel. The temple reminded me that I wasn't in the Bible belt.

I didn't grow up in the Bible belt. I didn't go to school with very many who professed Christ as Savior and Lord. I remember what it was like being in the minority. For the last 13 years, I have lived in the Bible belt and I think it's easy to take for granted that you are surrounded by more christians. I still have a mission field around me, but I also have more support too. For instance, there are about 10 families from our church that live in my neighborhood. There's at least 10 more families that I can think of who don't go to our church, but are strong christians who belong to a different church and are striving to raise their kids according to the Bible.

Anyway, while we were in Utah, I was reminded that the Waldrops are in the minority in SG. Most people there are members of the LDS church. I am thankful that we could go and encourage our friends and the other christians in that area. I'm thankful for the 25-30 kids we had at VBS each day and for the 10-15 boys we had at the baseball clinics. I pray that the Holy Spirit will work in their hearts to convict them of sin and convince them of the truth of the Bible and who Jesus Christ is, so that God is glorified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...