Sickness!

Man! This school year has been rough on our family! EK was sent home sick last Tuesday with congestion and a low-grade fever. I took her to the nurse practitioner who said it was just a cold. She went to school the rest of last week. On Saturday evening she spiked a fever of 103. While I cuddled with her, I could tell she was shivering from it. We stayed home Sunday and when she got up at 8:30 (unheard of for this girl!) she had a fever of 104. She laid in bed until almost 10:30. She did eat breakfast and kept drinking. Thought maybe it was an ear infection. It's so hard taking her to anyone but our doctor though, so I decided to keep an eye on her and let her rest. On Monday, her fever was gone and she seemed more like herself. However, AK, AC and I were sick!! I really thought I had the flu. My whole body ached and I had fever. Pretty miserable! AC laid on the couch all day Monday and Tuesday and was much better on Wednesday. AK took good naps and slept in late most mornings to fight it. I felt much better by lunch on Tuesday. Thankfully Keith didn't really get it. EK had fever again on Tuesday and Wednesday so I took her back to the doctor on Wednesday. Doctor still said it was just a nasty cold. Her tonsils and ears looked great! Her fever was better by Wednesday afternoon and on the way home from the doctor, EK fell asleep in the car!!! I cannot remember the last time she did that. I really think she doesn't know how to let her body rest so it took her a lot longer to get over this cold!
She finally went to school on Thursday and Friday and managed. Still some congestion and a cough and little appetite, but no fever. We didn't have any plans for this week of spring break so it's been nice to just slow down! I'm doing a little spring cleaning and organizing. Hoping the rest of this school year will be much better!! I feel like with three kids I'm at the doctor's office once a week. CRAZY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...