Hippotherapy

We have thought about therapeutic horse therapy for a while now. EK's teacher suggested it years ago. I just didn't know how she would do around animals, especially one so big. We have never really been around any animals before and I was terrified of most animals as a child.
Keith took her for an evaluation a month ago. She was pretty sad. A new place, new people, big animal and being unsure what was happening. After rearranging schedules to fit her in, EK's first lesson was last Friday. Keith said she didn't cry at all! I am really excited to see where this goes. We would love to find something she enjoys doing. Right now EK has an adult on either side and the horse just walks. Eventually the therapist will have EK ride with her so they can ride more. EK loves to be outside and move (car rides, wagon rides) so this seems like a good fit. She is a little nervous about being around the horse when she isn't sitting on him, but I am sure each week will be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...