More dental work for EK... UPDATE

Oh how I dislike this! She lost a crown a little over a month ago. We were debating and researching what to do. The dentist had a plan to replace the crown but I just wasn't feeling a peace about it. I wanted to get it pulled but I knew that she'd have to put under with anesthesia (no nitrous oxide for my girl!) which always makes me a little nervous. Before we did anything, her tooth got infected. We got her on antibiotics last week and she seems much better. Now, it's time to get the tooth pulled. I called our dentist and of course, the anesthesiologist they bring in was just there last week and won't be back until July 10th. After asking around about other dentists, I called several oral surgeons. One has an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30. It's a consult, but the receptionist said he may go ahead and sedate her and extract the tooth. I'm praying for the Lord to work out all the details and for peace for me and EK. I think the worst part for her will be that she can't eat before the appointment. That girl loves to eat so that will be a huge challenge! I will update when we get home!

UPDATE: We went this morning and they were able to extract the tooth, but couldn't put in a spacer. We'll have to go to our pediatric dentist in August when the anesthesiologist comes back through. EK did ok with not eating this morning. We got home around 12:30 and she has eaten some applesauce, a bowl of grits, and had some coconut milk pouches. Going to keep her on soft foods for a couple days to make sure the spot heals. We'll go back for a follow-up appointment next Tuesday to be sure it's healing correctly. Thanks for your prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...