Recipes and meal planning
I have seasons where I'm great at menu planning and more seasons where I'm not so good about it. It takes time to plan out the week, but it's better overall when I do (and I think it helps to save money since I'm not going to the grocery store as often during the week.)
I LOVE trying new recipes! I loved cooking as a child with my Grama. I remember having a kid's cookbook and making things out of there. As I got older, the recipes I collected changed. I recently found some from my "cooking light" years where everything calls for reduced fat this or that. (Now that sounds gross!) Back before we had dietary restrictions, I really enjoyed cooking. Then EK went gluten, dairy and egg free back in 2009 and I kind of lost my enthusiasm. (Taking away some yummy ingredients will do that!)
A few months ago, I decided to look for some recipes that complied with our family needs (or could be adjusted easily). I LOVE and am thankful for Pinterest!! It has seriously helped me build my recipe collection back up and given us some variety. :) Sometimes I make 2 dinners (one for EK and AK since they both are gluten, dairy and egg free and one for the rest of us) and other nights I make something that's safe for them. Overall, I am moving away from processed foods though and moving to making things from scratch and organic, when possible.
Here are a few sites I've come across lately that may help you as well.
Both of these sites have great ideas if you are needing some new, healthy recipes. Happy Eating!
(And let me know if you try one that you partcularly enjoy!)
100 Days on no-processed meals with the crockpot
Meal Ideas (100 days of "real" food)
I LOVE trying new recipes! I loved cooking as a child with my Grama. I remember having a kid's cookbook and making things out of there. As I got older, the recipes I collected changed. I recently found some from my "cooking light" years where everything calls for reduced fat this or that. (Now that sounds gross!) Back before we had dietary restrictions, I really enjoyed cooking. Then EK went gluten, dairy and egg free back in 2009 and I kind of lost my enthusiasm. (Taking away some yummy ingredients will do that!)
A few months ago, I decided to look for some recipes that complied with our family needs (or could be adjusted easily). I LOVE and am thankful for Pinterest!! It has seriously helped me build my recipe collection back up and given us some variety. :) Sometimes I make 2 dinners (one for EK and AK since they both are gluten, dairy and egg free and one for the rest of us) and other nights I make something that's safe for them. Overall, I am moving away from processed foods though and moving to making things from scratch and organic, when possible.
Here are a few sites I've come across lately that may help you as well.
Both of these sites have great ideas if you are needing some new, healthy recipes. Happy Eating!
(And let me know if you try one that you partcularly enjoy!)
100 Days on no-processed meals with the crockpot
Meal Ideas (100 days of "real" food)
Comments
Post a Comment