My talking boy
Keith and I have both commented in the past few weeks how quickly AK's speech is progressing. He wasn't saying much at 18 months (which had me a little worried with EK's autism in mind) but he did understand what we told him (Something EK didn't always do, usually I chalked up to her being stubborn, but I think she just didn't understand at times too).
He's also started repeating words. For the longest time, if I knew he wanted "up", I would say "up" to try and get him to say it. He would say "peas". If he wanted grapes, I would say "Say grapes" and he would reply "peas". It used to frustrate me, but now he's trying to say different things and I'm thankful!
Here are some things he says a lot:
**Another day when he had soup for lunch, I thought he was done and cleaned up the table. He came back in to the kitchen and said "Where my toop?"
**All books are "bibles".
I am so thankful for the glimpses of what's going on in his mind. His personality is really coming out and he's so funny, but also very sweet. This morning he came up to me when we were heading out the door to take AC to school and he wanted to hold my hand! Melted my heart since normally he's very independent and wants to do everything by himself. :)
He's also started repeating words. For the longest time, if I knew he wanted "up", I would say "up" to try and get him to say it. He would say "peas". If he wanted grapes, I would say "Say grapes" and he would reply "peas". It used to frustrate me, but now he's trying to say different things and I'm thankful!
Here are some things he says a lot:
- Me too. (If I am going on an errand and he wants to go along or if someone's getting a snack)
- Me do (He's very independent)
- Oh no!!
- Ta-da! (Here is what I was looking for or what you were asking about)
- Peas Mama (Please)
- Dank Oo Mama (Thank you)
- My dat (hat...he LOVES hats right now)
- My books (boots)
- Where Baubrey? Or Daddy? Or Sissy?
- Ba-ba peas (He still a drink "baba". Need to work on that...)
- YEAH MY! (I did it!) or YEAH Baubrey/sissy! (He's quite the encourager! The other day EK was standing on coffee table and it made him nervous. He kept saying "Sissy" and he would squat down. Finally when she got down on her knees, he said "YEAH Sissy!" It's neat to see him already protective of his sister. She's blessed to have AK and AC!)
**Another day when he had soup for lunch, I thought he was done and cleaned up the table. He came back in to the kitchen and said "Where my toop?"
**All books are "bibles".
I am so thankful for the glimpses of what's going on in his mind. His personality is really coming out and he's so funny, but also very sweet. This morning he came up to me when we were heading out the door to take AC to school and he wanted to hold my hand! Melted my heart since normally he's very independent and wants to do everything by himself. :)
Comments
Post a Comment