Birthday party for 2!
On Saturday we had a family party for AC and AK. Their birthdays are only 17 days apart and it's easier on EK to only have to endure one big party. :) AC wanted a Candyland theme and AK had a train theme. I planned to have 2 different cakes until my mom gave me the idea to combine the two! I think it turned out super cute and it was delicious. (In fact, I have been eating on it every day since.)
I wanted a picture with AC before everyone came to show what the cake looked like prior to AK and/or EK getting into it. Even though I was trying to keep a close eye on it, a little boy got a lollipop from the cake and smeared the icing a little. He also started eating one of his cupcakes before party time. Oh well! With my first child, I would have been so upset. Instead, I just laughed and took a picture on my phone. :)
Two of the girl cousins
I tried to get a picture of AK with his cousin RL, but he wouldn't be still...
He was so excited to blow out his candles. I had to hold him up so he wouldn't do it before we finished singing. He blew them both out! (and spit on the cake a little....)
Singing to AC
We got AK a basketball hoop for his birthday and it was big hit with everyone!
Big boy shooting hoops!
This is not a great picture but has the "littles" in it. We had lots of oppportunities to practice sharing. :)
It was a great day celebrating with family! I think the kids had fun too, and that's what matters!
Comments
Post a Comment