Trips to the zoo
A couple weeks ago I took AC and AK to the Fort Worth Zoo and met one of my good friends and her kids. We walked around the zoo while her son was in a zoo class, had lunch and then walked around a little more. It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! We had to wear jackets early in the morning, but after lunch didn't need them.
For some reason this pictures are in reverse order...
We did the reptile/amphibian exhibit right before we left. AC got right in line with my friend's son to touch a snake. I could not believe it. I was nervous to let AK b/c I didn't want him to hurt the snake. Of course, he had to touch it if sister was. :)
AK touching a snake and being gentle.
AC touching a snake. She said it was really soft.
The flamingos
C'mon AC, give me a smile...
Cute penguins
My friend's daughter was so disappointed that the lion was sleeping. We heard him later in the day, roaring at someone.
Look at that tiger! AK said "OOOH scary! It bit-a me!" Yes, son, it probably would if the glass weren't there.
Sweet girls held hands while walking around. :)
They had six giraffes. I don't remember there being that many last time.
Sweet AC in front of the elephants. There were two baby elephants, but my pics didn't come out well.
This past Wednesday EK's class (and all 2nd grade) took a field trip to the zoo. I really debated on whether or not to let her go. I had no idea how she'd do on a long bus ride. And her teacher is out on maternity leave. And what if she got really upset and I couldn't take her home. After asking some questions (such as finding out that her class was on their own bus) and praying about it, I decided to let her go and met them down there. She did great! She was very happy (once we got in and didn't have to wait in line anymore). She walked the whole time and sat and ate her lunch and then walked some more. We were able to spend an hour with my mom since her class was there too. I could tell EK was winding down the last hour we were there, but she still was in a good mood. It was really sweet to spend time just with my EK. That doesn't happen very often. :)
Not the best picture, but this was at lunch.
I took this picture b/c I've never seen the hippos out of the water!
This was a picture I took at the beginning of our trip. You can tell she was HAPPY! :) Love this girl!!
Love the Fort Worth Zoo!! So nice that we have a great zoo so close!



Comments
Post a Comment