Summer is moving along...

Wow, I can't believe my last post was almost a month ago. I have several videos I would love to post on here, but I can't figure out how to get them from my phone to this site. Kind of frustrating b/c it used to be easy. :( 

We've been trying to stay busy while also having some down-time. A few weeks ago, the church staff went to a Ranger game. It was AK's first and he did pretty well. Sad to say our TX Rangers are not doing very well this season. Regardless, it was fun to be with friends and eat hot dogs, nachos and cotton candy. :)


The 2nd week of June we had VBS at church. This was AC's first "official" year to go. She's gone for years now but only b/c I was working. She got to sing the theme song on Family Night with the other kids who had completed grades K-4. It's hard to see here, but she is on the bottom row with a black long sleeve shirt. (Next to the boy with a yellow striped shirt.) She had a great week with one of her best friend's in her class. EK and AK had fun too, although AK was really worn out by Thursday!


The next week AC had swim lessons with a friend from church. AC worked hard each day and really learned a lot by the end of the week. She's a much better swimmer now. Sarah offered to teach AK a few things too, like blowing bubbles in water and floating on his back. Hopefully we can go to a pool soon to practice again. It's just so hard for me to take my 3 kids by myself. In fact, it's just not safe! AC has gone with Keith to our neighborhood pool a couple times, so she hasn't been begging me to take her. :)

The past two weeks haven't consisted of too much. Some different appointments and we've recently added in another day of horse therapy for EK. We go on Wednesday morning now since she is off for the summer. Keith still takes her on Fridays too. Yesterday was the first day she rode a horse by herself! Her therapist leads the horse and someone else is on the side, but she did really well, I'm told. I'm hoping to get a few pictures next week when I take her. :)

That's about all we've been up to. Will try to be better about updates for those of you who check weekly. :) I've been trying to upload some of the cutest videos of AK. Just the cute things he said and such. I was just thinking the other day how his speech is maturing lately. He's still a little hard to understand at some times, but he's persistent and keeps trying until I get it. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas