EK's coming school year

Last spring, I was conflicted on what to do about school this coming fall. Her teacher was leaving and they were going to combine the 2 classes. I was nervous about having 7-8 kids in one class since EK really needs 1:1 attention, pretty much at all times. I emailed the principal and expressed my concerns and left it at that. I knew things would probably change over the summer so I tried not to worry about it.
I spoke with the principal yesterday and she told me that they will still have 2 classes at ERE. She hired a new teacher who has experience in working with kids with autism. THAT is a huge blessing. I am eager to meet her and have her get to know my girl. I'm praying that this will be a good year with some progress. I am a little nervous to see who will be in her class. That was the one good thing about combining the two classes...there are several boys in the other class who are higher functioning and adore EK. EK really likes them too. EK always used to be the lowest functioning in her class and while I'm sure that was hard for the teacher, it was good for EK. She loves when kids initiate interacting with her and talk to her. It makes her happy.
So, I'm excited about this year. Praying that her new teacher will be a blessing to EK and be able to get her to do things she hasn't done in a while! I'll post more when I know more. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...