First Day of School 2014
EK started 3rd grade this year. The bus picked her up at 7:10 (right on time) and both brother and sister went with Daddy to say good-bye. So sweet! EK seemed happy to see the bus...at least there wasn't any protesting. This is our 4th year to have the bus driver and aide. They are both precious and take good care of my girl!
A neat story (in case you aren't on Facebook)...I came out of my Bible Study room yesterday morning at church to see EK's new teacher in the hallway. I was surprised to see her. They have been visiting our church for several weeks now and when we met on Thursday, she had no idea that EK's daddy was the pastor. She said she saw my mom after the 9:30 service yesterday and it "clicked". I can't tell you how exciting it was to find out she's a believer!! I knew that I liked her when I met her last week, especially since she has several years of experience in working with kids with autism. While experience isn't always the first thing I look for, I'm glad that we have a teacher this year who loves working with kids with autism AND has 8 years of experience. Praying for great things this year!!!
It was also AC's first day of 1st grade! We are just home schooling this year, for several reasons. Mainly, it works best for our family to do this right now. We really liked the school we were at last year, but drama in the mornings and having both girls get out of school at the same time but being at different schools, made it rough. I decided around April that we would try a year of just home school. I figure, I can't do too poor of a job since I taught 2nd grade. :) AC is very happy to be home and today was a great morning of work! I love getting to spend this time with her.
Our school corner. AK did fabulous working on his coloring and activities while I did math, spelling and reading with AC.
AC was so excited to start school that she actually requested to do some math yesterday. :) We did the other half of the lesson today.
Andrew worked on coloring
Doing some letter work for spelling
This boy doesn't totally get his colors yet so I'm being very intentional for the first part of our school year to do a color a week. This week is red. Hopefully this will help solidify the concept in his mind. I know he isn't color blind b/c he can sort items by color...just doesn't know the name.
And just for my memory...here's our curriculum this year.
My Father's World for Bible/History, Science and Reading (1st grade)
Saxon Math 2 (She did Saxon 1 at school last year)
All about Spelling 2 (She did AAS 1 at school last year)
Comments
Post a Comment