Haircuts and Patches

I have been trimming EK's hair for about 6 years. Her last haircut at age 3 was very stressful for both of us. I really wanted something shorter and knew I couldn't do it, so I asked my sweet hairdresser. Ms. Marjorie came over to our house during spring break and cut it. I really had no idea how EK would do...if she would sit still, cry the entire time, try to get away, etc. She did GREAT for most of the hair cut. I sat right in front of her and held her hands. She really didn't try to reach back where the scissors were. Next time I should probably help hold her head level. EK doesn't understand that she needs to do that. I think it turned out so cute! When I took her to the bathroom to have her look at it afterward, she smiled. :) She's gotten lots of compliments!


Last Tuesday I took AK back for his follow-up eye appointment. He got glasses right after Christmas and the doctor wanted to see what kind of progress he'd made. She had mentioned eye patching at the first appointment. Although his left improved some, it's still much weaker than his right now. He was miserable the first day he had to wear it (only 2 hours a day), but now he doesn't fight me at all. I usually let him watch a learning DVD or play on his leap pad for part of the time to distract him. We go back in June to see if his eye is stronger. Love this boy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...