FBC Keller 10 year anniversary

Keith celebrates 10 years this month as senior pastor of FBC Keller. I can't believe it's been that long and we are so thankful for this church. It's where we met, if you didn't know. In the summer of 2000, Keith came on staff as a pastoral intern. My family had joined the church in 1996 and when I  moved down to TX after graduating from Houghton College, I went there as well. That fall, a friend started a singles group at church. That's when a friendship began. We started dating the summer of 2002 and we were married the following summer. When we started dating, Keith talked a lot about moving to the west coast. I really thought that the Lord would lead us to a church there. A few months before we got married, Keith became Associate Pastor to Dr. Patterson. I still didn't think we'd stay in Keller too long. I knew Keith's heart was to preach the Word of God and pastor a congregation. In God's sovereignty, Keith was called to be the senior pastor 10 years ago this month. We met, fell in love, got married and have had 4 children since coming to FBC Keller. God is so very good and God's people at FBC Keller have been so gracious to us.
I am thankful for Keith. While I might be biased, he is a great teacher of God's Word. I have learned so much from his verse by verse Bible teaching. He is wise beyond his years, something I know the Lord has blessed him with. He is a humble man and a great example of a servant-leader. Pastoring a church our size is not an easy task. He takes it very seriously and I know he spends a lot of time in prayer asking for wisdom on how to lead the people God has brought to FBC Keller. I am proud to be his wife and pray the Lord would show me how to best help him so he can continue serving the Lord for many more years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...