Eliza Joy is 15 months

I cannot believe my baby is 15 months. She is such a mess, but we love her dearly. At her well check appointment earlier this week she weighed 20 pounds...such a tiny thing she is, but I know she burns off practically everything she eats these days when crawling, climbing, and cruising. She turned her left ankle a few weeks ago and I think it delayed her first steps longer. She will walk holding on to our fingers or with her toy, but no independent steps yet. (I'm trying to not stress out yet. AC was 16 months when she first walked.) She also doesn't have any real words...or at least ones we don't really understand. She understands a lot. She nods or shakes her head to tell you if that's what she wants. She points and reaches. She waves and blows kisses and just started playing peek a boo. She babbles a lot of "bah" and "pah". She says "da" or "mo"(more) occasionally.  No "ma" (Stinker!). Our pediatrician didn't seem too concerned. He said he is looking for 3-5 words by 18 months. If not, he wants to see her. Praying her language takes off in the next couple months. I'm trying to not be anxious about it, but I can't help but worry a little. I don't see any "autism" red flags. She is very social. She gives great eye contact. She plays appropriately with toys and loves being with other kids. I don't see any abnormal sensory issues, but this mama's heart will relax when she starts talking. I remember being nervous with AK as well, but he was focusing on the physical around this age. He was walking, really running by 15 months and into EVERYTHING.
She's eating a ton. Seriously, feel like I can't fill her up. She is trying more foods. She'll eat lunch meat now, which is awesome. She loves a variety of fruit. The only vegetable she really likes right is corn (and french fries). I still have her eating gluten, dairy and egg free and will continue that until she's at least 2 years old.
We're kind of transitioning to 1 nap, which makes me a little sad. Some days she only takes one, but unfortunately it isn't a huge one yet. (It's still only 2 hours). On those days I really try to have her in bed around 7pm, rather than between 7:30 and 8pm. Regardless of the time she goes to bed, she wakes around 7am.
Overall she is a happy baby. She gets very excited to see her family members and extended family. She is very curious and loves to make a mess. I'm learning that as long as she isn't hurting herself, it's ok to just clean up later if she's having fun and lets me finish doing something. (Look what the fourth child does to you!) Eliza Joy, we can't imagine our family without you. What a precious baby you are!

Playing peek a boo

I love this!

Think she looks a little like her daddy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...