1st day of school
First day of 5th grade for EK. New campus, new teacher, new friends. We got to meet her teacher last Thursday and she seems really nice and excited to work with EK. A few kids from Eagle Ridge are in her class so at least they will be familiar faces. I'm also hoping she'll see her cousin occasionally in the halls and some other sweet kids from Eagle Ridge. I've been praying diligently for her school year, her teachers, her ability to transition and learn this year, etc. Always praying for her safety and that everyone will treat her with respect and kindness. :)
AC is a 4th grader this year. We started our homeschool year today too. We're easing back into our routine this week as I try to figure out 2 different grades (4th and K) and a 2 1/2 year old. Ha! This girl was excited to get started this morning. I'm thankful for that! We'll start a Wednesday co-op later this month where she'll take 2 classes (math challenge and chocolate molding).
This boy started Kindergarten today. There will be a big learning curve for both of us as we figure this out. His personality is so different from his sister (and it should be!) plus he has a noisy baby sister to add to the mix. He's starting to read but it requires a lot of concentration right now. My plan is to get more of his schoolwork done on Tuesday/Thursday once EJ starts preschool later this month. It'll be less frustrating for him and me if we can work without distractions. Of course, we'll get some stuff done on the other days as well. He's very excited about taking a math and science class at co-op this fall. :)
I could NOT get EK to smile this morning. She wasn't sad, just couldn't get any happy faces. We all took her out to the bus this morning. EJ was so very sad when she couldn't get on the bus with EK. She had her backpack ready to go and everything! ;) She got over it pretty quickly when I offered to make her some eggs for breakfast. Ha!
My 3 big kids!
My little one who dressed herself, wouldn't let me do her hair and had to hold a sign too.
Here's what I'm using with AK this year. We started All about Reading this summer but only did the first few lessons. Trying out Singapore Math. Will add All about Spelling in a few weeks. He'll sit and listen while AC does her history and science.
Here are most of AC's things: We're doing MFW Creation to Greeks and I'm so excited as Bible is tied into History., when applicable. We'll learn Jewish customs and ancient civilizations up to the Greeks. We are switching from Saxon math to Teaching Textbooks. She really struggled during math towards the end of the year, to the point of many tears. I decided we'd make a big change this year and so far, she loves it. It's been quite a bit of review so far but I really wanted to build her confidence and have her enjoy math again.We're also going to do several literature units this year using Total Language Plus (comprehension, vocabulary and spelling).
Excited for another school year and praying it's a year of academic growth as well as social, emotional and spiritual development.
Comments
Post a Comment