Staycation 2017

Keith took a few days off last week so we could do some fun things around town. Now that EJ is 2 1/2 (and has given up naps) and we have a stroller for EK, it's a little easier to do family outings. We went to the Dallas Arboretum (which is only $1 admission and $5 parking for the month of August, if you're interested. It is pretty hot though, just FYI.), Cowtown Bowling and the Stockyards. Then we went to the farm Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.



I want to go back when it's cooler and take more pictures. I had some of my bridal portraits taken in this spot where AC is. :)


Fort Worth Stockyards


AC and AK did this maze by themselves. I was a tiny bit nervous they would get separated and we'd lose one. Thankfully they stayed together. :)

Waiting for the cattle drive to start.




I've lived here since 1999 and I had never been down to this area...I'm kind of embarrassed to admit. Glad we checked it off our list. :)
Pictures of bowling are on my phone. AC LOVED it! She had been waiting all summer to go and she's not bad. She bowled with bumpers but she also bowled EK's turn (that didn't have bumpers) and she got it down the lane most tries. EJ lasted 6 turns and then was done. I think it'll be a great outing to do next summer.
Our summer is winding down. School starts next Tuesday. EK goes to a new campus b/c she's 5th grade. Hoping to meet her teacher and see her classroom later this week. We start our homeschool year next Tuesday as well. I keep the same calendar as EK b/c it's hard to do school when EK is home. AC is starting 4th grade and AK is starting Kindergarten. It will be my first year to have 2 grades. I'm a little nervous but know we'll figure out our routine after a week or two. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...