3 months ago today...

Most of you who are reading this know what our family is going through right now. It was 3 months ago today that we took EK to a developmental pediatrician. We left there with a diagnosis of autism. Even though we knew it was coming, it was tough to swallow. We've done so much research, reading books, searching on the internet, and talking with those who've been down the same road. There is so much information out there. We're trying to be proactive and do all we can to help her live a normal life and I'm praying like I've never prayed before.
She's still our sweet 3 year old daugher, our firstborn. Her diagnosis doesn't change our love for her. I'm not even sure it changes our dreams for her. We know that God is able to completely heal her, but regardless of the outcome, we know that our God has a plan for her that will bring Him glory.
I'm so thankful to be the mama to EK and AC. They are such sweet blessings, even on the hard days. :)

Comments

  1. I love you Melissa, and am grateful to God for your friendship. Thank you for letting us share in your journey!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Melissa! Welcome to the blogging world. I am looking forward to keeping up with your blog. That was a sweet recap of the last few months. Your girls are sweet blessings, indeed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for starting a blog, Melissa! Amen and amen. Our God CAN do ANYTHING. Your girls are precious and I can't wait to see what God has in store for them as well as for you and Keith! I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!! I'm glad you did it! I've been thinking a lot about you lately. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you have a blog! We will pray for you guys. Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know you HAD a blog until today!! Then I had to stop everything and catch up!
    ((HUGS)) for this news about EK!!! Know that we'll also be in prayer for her!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...