Are you feeling ok?
If I have to pick one thing I would've changed during AC's first year, it'd definitely be her sleeping habits. It took her FOREVER to sleep through the night! It seriously was probably close to a year old that she started consistently sleeping from 8pm-7:30am. She was always a good napper, but forget about Mommy consistently getting a good night's rest.
She's totally different now. For the past week or so, she'll ask to go to bed. Wednesday night it was 7pm. I hated to put her down b/c I knew Keith wanted to see her, but she kept begging "nap?", "babies?" (that's what she calls her pacifier), "bed?" The first night she asked this early, I was worried she'd be up at 10pm ready to party. But she slept through the night. Last night it was 6:40pm that she asked to go to bed. She was SO whiney and cranky, that I willingly agreed. She slept until 7:30 this morning.
Today she wanted a nap at 9:30, so I put her down b/c again, she was whining about everything. She slept for about an hour. I figured that was her one nap until bedtime. We went for a drive around lunchtime and when we got home, she asked for a nap. She slept for 2 hours! And then, again this evening, she asked for a "nap" around 6:45. I was sure she didn't mean it, so I distracted her by giving her popcorn instead. She started begging again at 7:15, so back to bed she went. I guess she must be growing or something.
For those of you who think I got lucky, I know that I did. :) I have put in my dues with EK though. A year ago, we'd fight her for over an hour sometimes to keep her in her room at night. I guess she had trouble falling asleep. We had to give up naps completely last fall so she'd be tired enough to stay in bed at 8pm. She does sleep through the night though!
Sleep is a BIG thing for me. Keith will attest that I get cranky when I don't get my sleep. Here's hoping that tonight will be a restful night for everyone! :)
She's totally different now. For the past week or so, she'll ask to go to bed. Wednesday night it was 7pm. I hated to put her down b/c I knew Keith wanted to see her, but she kept begging "nap?", "babies?" (that's what she calls her pacifier), "bed?" The first night she asked this early, I was worried she'd be up at 10pm ready to party. But she slept through the night. Last night it was 6:40pm that she asked to go to bed. She was SO whiney and cranky, that I willingly agreed. She slept until 7:30 this morning.
Today she wanted a nap at 9:30, so I put her down b/c again, she was whining about everything. She slept for about an hour. I figured that was her one nap until bedtime. We went for a drive around lunchtime and when we got home, she asked for a nap. She slept for 2 hours! And then, again this evening, she asked for a "nap" around 6:45. I was sure she didn't mean it, so I distracted her by giving her popcorn instead. She started begging again at 7:15, so back to bed she went. I guess she must be growing or something.
For those of you who think I got lucky, I know that I did. :) I have put in my dues with EK though. A year ago, we'd fight her for over an hour sometimes to keep her in her room at night. I guess she had trouble falling asleep. We had to give up naps completely last fall so she'd be tired enough to stay in bed at 8pm. She does sleep through the night though!
Sleep is a BIG thing for me. Keith will attest that I get cranky when I don't get my sleep. Here's hoping that tonight will be a restful night for everyone! :)
Comments
Post a Comment