Sleepless nights on Stonecrest...
Oh my goodness! I am one tired mama! EK hasn't been sleeping well this week. While she's done rather well adjusting to her summer preschool and a new ABA therapist, I think her anxiety level is showing by a lack of being able to fall asleep. She just can't seem to settle down. It's been at least 10pm most nights this week before she quits yelling and coming out of her room. I've even tried laying by her in her bed, but it doesn't help. Friday night she woke up around 2am screaming. We brought her to bed so she'd fall back asleep quickly. Probably a bad move, but parents need sleep. Last night she went to bed around 8pm, but woke up screaming at 10:30pm. After trying to lay by her for about 20 minutes, I brought her to our room.
I can't remember the last night BOTH girls woke up their parents. AC decided that last night was a great night to be up around 2:30 crying. Keith got up with her the first time. I had turned the moniter off so it wouldn't wake EK. I felt bad that Keith was up since he had to preach this morning so I went to her room to rock her. She was up once more before she slept the rest of the night. Not sure what's bothering her. Maybe 2 year molars?
So, I am hoping to get some good sleep tonight. EK is yelling as I type, but will hopefully give it up soon. :)
I can't remember the last night BOTH girls woke up their parents. AC decided that last night was a great night to be up around 2:30 crying. Keith got up with her the first time. I had turned the moniter off so it wouldn't wake EK. I felt bad that Keith was up since he had to preach this morning so I went to her room to rock her. She was up once more before she slept the rest of the night. Not sure what's bothering her. Maybe 2 year molars?
So, I am hoping to get some good sleep tonight. EK is yelling as I type, but will hopefully give it up soon. :)
Hang in there Melissa! Those sleepless nights can be soooo hard. Hopefully it will get better soon! Maggie went through a sleeping funk a few months ago. It lasted about 7 days, and then just flipped back to normal. Just keep doing all of your normal bedtime routines, and I bet the girls will get back to good sleeing!
ReplyDeleteI will pray for the girls to sleep well!!!!
That is so hard, especially when you're used to sleeping again! Its been a long time since those newborn days...pretty sure I wouldn't handle sleepless nights very well, either!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your updates. You guys are always in our prayers!
Call me... I would love to help you out. I miss my little girl!
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers....
Colleen
I am calling you tomorrow Colleen! :)
ReplyDelete