What a busy day!
EK has had a busy day! Her days are usually pretty full since she has preschool every day from 8-11am and has ABA (behavior) therapy 3 afternoons a week (1-3pm). Today we added a dentist visit into the mix. Not something I wanted to do AT ALL!! In fact, the last time she went was right before AC was born. That lets you know it's been more than 2 years! Oops! I just knew it'd be traumatic for her. The dentist is a stranger who wants to get close to her and touch her. It doesn't get much worse for her.
So, you may wonder why I'm now taking her to the dentist. She's been grinding her teeth a lot lately, especially when she's upset. We were concerned that perhaps she'd broken a tooth from the grinding. When I mentioned something to her teacher on Monday, she told me she could see a cavity. Excuse me?? How did I not see that?? Bad mommy of the year award right here!!!
Today was just a consult so he could see what we were looking at. We'll go back in about a month when the anesthesiologist (sp?) is there so he can sedate her. (Can you imagine if we couldn't do that??) Hopefully she won't even realize what happened to her, except that she won't have any more mouth pain (She can't tell me if she has any pain right now.)
Besides the fit at the dentist's office, EK had a GREAT morning at preschool. In fact, she's had a great week all week! Praise the Lord!! It seems that a week away with her family was good for her! She also did fantastic with her ABA therapist this afternoon. I kept telling her all afternoon and evening how proud I was of her! May the Lord bless her with many more days like today! (minus the dentist visit!)
So, you may wonder why I'm now taking her to the dentist. She's been grinding her teeth a lot lately, especially when she's upset. We were concerned that perhaps she'd broken a tooth from the grinding. When I mentioned something to her teacher on Monday, she told me she could see a cavity. Excuse me?? How did I not see that?? Bad mommy of the year award right here!!!
Today was just a consult so he could see what we were looking at. We'll go back in about a month when the anesthesiologist (sp?) is there so he can sedate her. (Can you imagine if we couldn't do that??) Hopefully she won't even realize what happened to her, except that she won't have any more mouth pain (She can't tell me if she has any pain right now.)
Besides the fit at the dentist's office, EK had a GREAT morning at preschool. In fact, she's had a great week all week! Praise the Lord!! It seems that a week away with her family was good for her! She also did fantastic with her ABA therapist this afternoon. I kept telling her all afternoon and evening how proud I was of her! May the Lord bless her with many more days like today! (minus the dentist visit!)
who are you seeing...if you need any referrals if this doesn't work out i have a great lady who works in the office in front of ours on north tarrant... putting them to sleep for workis great..we see it often in dr. mac's office.... they don't remember a thing and they get all the work done at one time...:) she will do wonderful!!!
ReplyDelete