Yummy dinner!
Not to brag about my cooking at all...
Since February, I have been learning about a new way to cook....gluten (wheat) and casein (milk) free. I also had to remove eggs from EK's diet in April. I am unable to use a lot of my "tried and true" recipes b/c replacing all 3 of those ingredients doesn't allow the meal to turn out the same! You'd think with all my free time, I'd be able to find many new recipes. ;)
I started reading a blog last year about a woman who used her crockpot EVERY day for a year! I found lots of interesting recipes on her blog. (Here's a link if you're interested.) Her daughter has celiac disease which means she can't have gluten either. Before we removed gluten, I noticed her substitutions. Now, I'm SO thankful for her! Knowing that she's tried a recipe and replaced gluten with something acceptable is a blessing. One less thing for me to think about! :)
Last night I made her rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. We ate most of the 5 lb. bird, if that gives any indication of how it turned out! YUM! Here's the recipe, if you'd like to try it. (click here)
If you try some of her other recipes, let me know. :)
Since February, I have been learning about a new way to cook....gluten (wheat) and casein (milk) free. I also had to remove eggs from EK's diet in April. I am unable to use a lot of my "tried and true" recipes b/c replacing all 3 of those ingredients doesn't allow the meal to turn out the same! You'd think with all my free time, I'd be able to find many new recipes. ;)
I started reading a blog last year about a woman who used her crockpot EVERY day for a year! I found lots of interesting recipes on her blog. (Here's a link if you're interested.) Her daughter has celiac disease which means she can't have gluten either. Before we removed gluten, I noticed her substitutions. Now, I'm SO thankful for her! Knowing that she's tried a recipe and replaced gluten with something acceptable is a blessing. One less thing for me to think about! :)
Last night I made her rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. We ate most of the 5 lb. bird, if that gives any indication of how it turned out! YUM! Here's the recipe, if you'd like to try it. (click here)
If you try some of her other recipes, let me know. :)
Comments
Post a Comment