Autism awareness...
A friend from the past (Thanks Kara!) told me that her pastor's wife put together a documentary about their daughter's journey with autism. She sent me the link and I watched it right away. There are a lot of similarities in our girls, I think. Seeing a child that's a little ahead of your own gives you hope that progress is possible. I could relate so well to this mom at some points. I've had the same exact feelings. It's encouraging to know there are other christian women (and a pastor's wife at that!) who are going throught the same struggles I am. I'm hoping to get a chance to chat with her via e-mail soon. (What did we do before technology?)
I wanted to post the video directly here so it'd be easier to watch (if you want) but it won't let me. So here's the link. (Click here.) Most people don't know much about autism. I know I didn't before having EK. I had even been around several children with autism, but until you're with them day in and day out, it's hard to REALLY understand. So, maybe the video will teach you something and help you know how to pray for us more specifically.
I wanted to post the video directly here so it'd be easier to watch (if you want) but it won't let me. So here's the link. (Click here.) Most people don't know much about autism. I know I didn't before having EK. I had even been around several children with autism, but until you're with them day in and day out, it's hard to REALLY understand. So, maybe the video will teach you something and help you know how to pray for us more specifically.
That is such a neat video - I feel like I learned so much from it. Thank you for sharing! Aimee seems like a really neat lady. I'm sure that y'all will be fast friends. :) Isn't it neat that Lord can send you just the right person at just the right time???
ReplyDeleteHey friend...thanks for sharing that video. It helps me to know how I can pray specifically. My heart still hurts that you must walk this road (I got all teary-eyed watching the video), but I know the God Who knows all things and in Him I have hope. Love you, dear friend.
ReplyDelete