Year in Review

Wow! I cannot believe 2009 is winding down and 2010 is upon us. As I think back over this past year, I realize what a crazy year it was! I feel like I've missed out a lot on other people's lives because I became pretty absorbed in doing all I could for EK.
Here are some of the highlights/lowlights of 2009:
January: EK turned 3 and started preschool at PGE. She went everyday from 12-3pm. I resigned from teaching preschool at SCP at the end of the month. I hated to leave, but knew EK needed me more.
February: EK was officially diagnosed with autism by a developmental pediatrician. A very hard day...something we knew was coming but so difficult to hear the words! We started EK on the GFCF diet.
March: EK started in-home ABA (applied behavior analysis) therapy. We started with S as our therapist and feel blessed that she's still with EK. EK does 3 days of ABA (2 hour sessions)
April: took a break from private OT(occupational) and ST(speech) b/c after several months she was still crying half the session. We hope to start that back up eventually.
May: Keith and AC took a quick trip to MS to see Keith's parents. It was the longest I've been away from AC. She had a blast! I celebrated birthday #32.
June: preschool at PGE ended and summer school started a couple weeks later. THAT was a big change! Hopefully summer school will be better for her this summer.
July: Keith and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! :)
August: My sister had her baby girl! AC is in love! EK started school at ERE with her new teachers. You know how I feel about them! :)
September: AC turned 2! Family vacation to Panama City, FL. So nice to get away, even though EK had trouble with all the change. Stayed in MS one night on the way home.
October: EK had her dental work done. One crown and filling later, she was good as new. Praying we won't have to do THAT again!
November: Keith celebrated a birthday. :)
December: lots of christmas parties, cousin M's birthday, several playdates over the 2 week break, great Christmas!

Obviously, a lot more happened but those are the big things. See a pattern?? A lot was about EK this year. Not that I regret any of it, but it's just a BIG year for her and us.
I pray that we'll have many more milestones to report this coming year, Lord willing! Regardless of what circumstances/situations we go through, I know that the Lord will be faithful to guide us through them if we trust Him.

Comments

  1. Hey there, Melissa. I've been trying to do some catch up reading on your blog. I'm enjoying it very much. The girls are just darling! I'll be 'following' you and will definitely be back in an effort to keep in touch!

    xoxo,

    ~Shaye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...