Happy Birthday EK!
I can't believe my baby is 4 today! Wow! Really?? How did that happen?
Look how little she was when we left the hospital (and she really wasn't that little...7lb. 15 oz. at birth)


Please forgive the crazy hair. This is a new thing for her...pulling it out as soon as I get it up. I really did do cute pigtails. :)
Here she is enjoying her GFCF chocolate cupcake. Before you think I'm a mean mama, to not let her splurge on her birthday, she really did like it! :)

My sweet EK...
How I love you! You have changed my life in so many ways! Although this past year has been pretty difficult for both of us, I wouldn't change a thing! I'm honored to be your mama and am so thankful for you! You show me you love me by giving me BIG hugs (especially from behind) and cuddling to read books. You love to play with my hair right now too. I LOVE to tickle you to hear your sweet laughter!
I know there is so much going on inside your mind, like this morning I asked you to touch the triangle (out of 4 shapes) and you did! You have gotten so good about following simple commands and your compliance to work on tasks has improved greatly. I remember not too long ago how traumatic is was for you to work on a puzzle or put coins in a bank. I'm so proud of all your hard work! I know it's not easy, but I'm glad you're now willing to try! Now, to just know what you're thinking. I want to hear you talk! :)
I pray the Lord will continue to give me wisdom as you grow. Sometimes I feel so inadequate, but I know the Lord will give me the strength and ability to teach and train you to be all the God wants you to be.
You're my first child and it's been a privilege to watch you grow these past 4 years! :)
Look how little she was when we left the hospital (and she really wasn't that little...7lb. 15 oz. at birth)


Please forgive the crazy hair. This is a new thing for her...pulling it out as soon as I get it up. I really did do cute pigtails. :)
Here she is enjoying her GFCF chocolate cupcake. Before you think I'm a mean mama, to not let her splurge on her birthday, she really did like it! :)

My sweet EK...
How I love you! You have changed my life in so many ways! Although this past year has been pretty difficult for both of us, I wouldn't change a thing! I'm honored to be your mama and am so thankful for you! You show me you love me by giving me BIG hugs (especially from behind) and cuddling to read books. You love to play with my hair right now too. I LOVE to tickle you to hear your sweet laughter!
I know there is so much going on inside your mind, like this morning I asked you to touch the triangle (out of 4 shapes) and you did! You have gotten so good about following simple commands and your compliance to work on tasks has improved greatly. I remember not too long ago how traumatic is was for you to work on a puzzle or put coins in a bank. I'm so proud of all your hard work! I know it's not easy, but I'm glad you're now willing to try! Now, to just know what you're thinking. I want to hear you talk! :)
I pray the Lord will continue to give me wisdom as you grow. Sometimes I feel so inadequate, but I know the Lord will give me the strength and ability to teach and train you to be all the God wants you to be.
You're my first child and it's been a privilege to watch you grow these past 4 years! :)
Happy Birthday EK! You are such a blessing and sweet gift to your momma from the Lord above!
ReplyDeleteLove her Birthday Girl shirt, Melissa..where did you get it?
Jen,
ReplyDeleteFound her shirt on clearance at Carter's a couple months ago! It was only $3, I think. Good bargain, huh? :)
Tears are flowing as I read your post. She is precious; such a gift. You are doing an amazing job. And an amazing Father is so evidently holding you up and giving you grace to be a wonderful mother to both of your girls. We continue to pray for EK, that she would talk to you, among other things. Love you all so much!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday EK!
ReplyDeleteWow, maybe it is how you are posed similarly in the pictures, but EK looks JUST like you!! So sweet! Happy birthday, precious girl!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sarah