Isn't 2 a fun age?!

It is so fun to see life through the eyes of a 2 year old. AC talks much more than EK ever did. You can really see her brain working as she figures things out or is thinking about what she wants to say!
At dinner tonight we were almost done. Keith told the girls he'd give them a bath. AC said, "Oh, I want to take a bath. I play with Dora and the castle and Boots. (We have a new bath toy!) Sister take a bath too. Mommy, you wash my shirt?" She was upset that she got BBQ sauce on it.
Yesterday we took a ride in the car, just to get out of the house. AC did not think it was much fun and threw quite a temper tantrum. (Super fun when you're in close quarters) Keith was trying to distract her from being upset so he asked if she wanted to go see Mimi and Pops. Her reply was, "Yes, I want to see Mimi and Pops. Mommy, you want to see Mimi and Pops? Daddy, you come too? Sister, you want to see Mimi and Pops? I'm happy now. I not angry anymore."
One of her favorite things to do right now is be chased or to chase you. We'll be sitting around watching TV and she'll ask "You chase me?" When we tell her no, she says "Oh come on, you can do it." After several times around the house, I'm tired. (Sad, I know!) When I say, I'm done, she says "One last time?" Of course, one last time doesn't really mean that... I guess I don't need a gym membership right now! :)
I'm really trying to work on how she says things right now. I don't mind if she says "no" sometimes, but it needs to be said kindly and as "no thanks." It sure keeps me on my toes to make sure I have the right tone of voice when speaking with Keith, the girls, or anyone else. I have a tendency to get frustrated easily but it's still no reason to be disrespectful. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself as you teach and raise children of your own. Hopefully AC and I will both learn to be kind and gentle in our speech this year! Definitely something to strive for!

Comments

  1. it is amazing what the little ones say. i was always amazed at how they would learn to put the sentences together and to say them when appropriate........enjoy because soon enough they will be grown up and sometimes what they say we don't like so much........:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two IS such a fun age!! They really are coming into their own and developing quite a littler personality at that time!
    I loved your comment about it being amazing how much you learn about yourself as you teach and raise children of your own! How true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...