Lone Star Reunion
Tonight I had dinner with some of my favorite people, who I rarely get to see anymore, even though we all live in the metroplex. I'm so glad we finally got an evening together though! It only took us 2 1/2 months! :) I meant to get a picture of us, but I forgot amid our hours of conversation.
When I moved to Texas in May of 1999 to join my family, I had no idea where I'd get a teaching job or IF I'd get one. I got hired the end of June and I met Sarah and Cori at Shady Grove. We were all brand-new teachers. Those long days of training before school started were much more bearable with these girls! :) It was also nice to not be the only "newbie" at a school. That year a special friendship began. Our 2nd year of teaching we all moved to open Lone Star. Sarah and I both taught 2nd grade and Cori taught 3rd. Cori and I were roommates for 2 years too. What FUN memories! Nicole came on the scene at LSE in 2001 and joined our 2nd grade team. She fit right in. :)
It was great teaching with friends who thought similarly to me, both educationally and spiritually. We weren't just co-workers, we were great friends and had lots of fun! After some other rough years of teaching, I realize how rare that is! :) I remember many of the after-school talks we'd have that had nothing to do with teaching!
Now, we are all stay at home mommies and each have 2 kids. Instead of lesson plans and behavior issues with students, we now can talk about the funny things are kids are doing, the struggles of raising our children biblically, and things like sending kids to school, bedtime, and potty training. What a blessing to have these girls in my life for 10 years. Friendship that picks up right where we left off (even if it's been over a year since I last saw them) is sweet. I thank the Lord for them! Love you girls! :)
When I moved to Texas in May of 1999 to join my family, I had no idea where I'd get a teaching job or IF I'd get one. I got hired the end of June and I met Sarah and Cori at Shady Grove. We were all brand-new teachers. Those long days of training before school started were much more bearable with these girls! :) It was also nice to not be the only "newbie" at a school. That year a special friendship began. Our 2nd year of teaching we all moved to open Lone Star. Sarah and I both taught 2nd grade and Cori taught 3rd. Cori and I were roommates for 2 years too. What FUN memories! Nicole came on the scene at LSE in 2001 and joined our 2nd grade team. She fit right in. :)
It was great teaching with friends who thought similarly to me, both educationally and spiritually. We weren't just co-workers, we were great friends and had lots of fun! After some other rough years of teaching, I realize how rare that is! :) I remember many of the after-school talks we'd have that had nothing to do with teaching!
Now, we are all stay at home mommies and each have 2 kids. Instead of lesson plans and behavior issues with students, we now can talk about the funny things are kids are doing, the struggles of raising our children biblically, and things like sending kids to school, bedtime, and potty training. What a blessing to have these girls in my life for 10 years. Friendship that picks up right where we left off (even if it's been over a year since I last saw them) is sweet. I thank the Lord for them! Love you girls! :)
LOVE YOU TOO SWEET FRIEND!!!!!! I am so blessed to have you in my life. You are a treasure!!
ReplyDeleteAwww that is awesome! Such genuine friendship is so rare to find!
ReplyDeleteSo funny how things work out. Just thinking about the teaching jobs we almost took out of college in Maryland. God had totally different plans for our lives!
AAAWWWWW!!!! What a blessing it was for us to be together! God put YOU in my life right when I needed a friend and I am so glad He did! Love you and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteOh Melissa, that sounds like such FUN!! It's amazing how different our lives are from those early days at Lone Star.
ReplyDelete