What we've been up to
I feel like it's been forever since I have updated the blog. Really, it's only been 3 weeks. :) Our computer died a week and a half ago, so I've been "visiting" my parents' house more often to check e-mail. :) We should be getting our new computer this coming week. Then I'll be able to update with pictures and videos. Is it sad that I really miss the computer?? I don't have an iphone (or anything similar) so without a computer, I have no access to the internet. I will admit that I have spent more time with Keith in the evenings. That has been one positive! :)
In the meantime, here are a few updates:
How is it already December?? We are getting ready for Christmas. AC was so excited to get the Fisher Price Nativity set down from the attic. She started asking for it 2 months ago when something reminded her of Christmas. She has been playing with it a lot. EK watches her and occasionally picks up a figure to carry it off and put it somewhere else. :)
December brings lots of birthdays for our family! We celebrated my neice M's 4th birthday last Friday night. Her party was at Richland Hills Church of Christ's indoor playground. I highly recommend it!! I had no idea how EK would do. I even thought about having Keith keep her at home. That sounds mean, I know, but I worried she might cry the whole time. What fun is that for anyone?? However, she did GREAT!! She loved the playscape and climbed much higher than I thought she would. My sister, Becky, and I climbed up to the top with the kids. EK really loved the spiral slide. Mommy...not so much! It was worth seeing her so happy though!
My dad celebrated 60 years of life on Wednesday!! That is unbelievable to me! Obviously, I am not 22 anymore! ;) I am so thankful for his life and that we live close enough to see them often.
Our nephew T had his 8th birthday on Thursday! I am hopeful that we'll get to see them before too long. I know AC would have a blast with her boy cousins and EK would find them fun too! We love you T!!
EK's schedule picked back up after Thanksgiving. Therapy in the morning and preschool in the afternoon. She'll have 2 weeks off for Christmas from all therapies/school!! I am preparing myself for that, trying to get errands done before then since it's difficult to get lots of things done with EK in tow. My 2 main goals for EK over Christmas break will be potty training (she'll be 5 in January) and getting her ok with visitors coming to our house. My plan is to have one different person over each day. She gets SOOO worked up when people come over and it's hard for all of us. I want to be able to open our home to company, but it's not much fun visiting over the screaming. We'll see how it goes...
We had EK's annual ARD yesterday. Ms. Sharla wrote up a lot of new goals that will continue with her to next year. We talked about her progress and some points of regression. It's always a little sad to me when we have these meetings. It's still hard for me to be on the parent side of the meeting and I wish we had more gains to discuss. It's also a little scary to know that EK will be at a new school next year with a new teacher. We wish we could keep Ms. Sharla!! :) I am sure the new teacher is good in different ways, but it's hard when it's the unknown. I will definitely be going to meet the new teacher this spring before we send EK there.
Other things about EK: She continues to babble. How I wish we had words!! I'm trying to not be impatient, but it seems like ages ago that she talked! She seems to want to interact more socially. She yells at us if we aren't paying attention to her. She started pointing at some body parts a couple weeks ago (nose, eye, hair, ears, tummy, etc). All things she's done in the past but quit doing. She has even done them for Ms. Sharla and the speech therapist. :) She is so happy at school. I got to observe her in PE and music class last week and she's content and participating in both classes.
Update on AC: She continues to keep me on my toes. She remembers everything. Her memory is much better than mine. ;) She makes new friends everywhere we go, although she is shy at first. She is quickly moving into 4T clothes, which would make her close in size to EK. She recently memorized John 3:16 (which I'll post a video soon) and loves to tell the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den to anyone who will listen. She is so excited about Christmas. I am trying to use every opportunity to remind her of the true reason for Christmas. It's good for me too. :) She's a great helper to me most of the time and loves EK immensely!
Keith and I are doing well too. :)
In the meantime, here are a few updates:
How is it already December?? We are getting ready for Christmas. AC was so excited to get the Fisher Price Nativity set down from the attic. She started asking for it 2 months ago when something reminded her of Christmas. She has been playing with it a lot. EK watches her and occasionally picks up a figure to carry it off and put it somewhere else. :)
December brings lots of birthdays for our family! We celebrated my neice M's 4th birthday last Friday night. Her party was at Richland Hills Church of Christ's indoor playground. I highly recommend it!! I had no idea how EK would do. I even thought about having Keith keep her at home. That sounds mean, I know, but I worried she might cry the whole time. What fun is that for anyone?? However, she did GREAT!! She loved the playscape and climbed much higher than I thought she would. My sister, Becky, and I climbed up to the top with the kids. EK really loved the spiral slide. Mommy...not so much! It was worth seeing her so happy though!
My dad celebrated 60 years of life on Wednesday!! That is unbelievable to me! Obviously, I am not 22 anymore! ;) I am so thankful for his life and that we live close enough to see them often.
Our nephew T had his 8th birthday on Thursday! I am hopeful that we'll get to see them before too long. I know AC would have a blast with her boy cousins and EK would find them fun too! We love you T!!
EK's schedule picked back up after Thanksgiving. Therapy in the morning and preschool in the afternoon. She'll have 2 weeks off for Christmas from all therapies/school!! I am preparing myself for that, trying to get errands done before then since it's difficult to get lots of things done with EK in tow. My 2 main goals for EK over Christmas break will be potty training (she'll be 5 in January) and getting her ok with visitors coming to our house. My plan is to have one different person over each day. She gets SOOO worked up when people come over and it's hard for all of us. I want to be able to open our home to company, but it's not much fun visiting over the screaming. We'll see how it goes...
We had EK's annual ARD yesterday. Ms. Sharla wrote up a lot of new goals that will continue with her to next year. We talked about her progress and some points of regression. It's always a little sad to me when we have these meetings. It's still hard for me to be on the parent side of the meeting and I wish we had more gains to discuss. It's also a little scary to know that EK will be at a new school next year with a new teacher. We wish we could keep Ms. Sharla!! :) I am sure the new teacher is good in different ways, but it's hard when it's the unknown. I will definitely be going to meet the new teacher this spring before we send EK there.
Other things about EK: She continues to babble. How I wish we had words!! I'm trying to not be impatient, but it seems like ages ago that she talked! She seems to want to interact more socially. She yells at us if we aren't paying attention to her. She started pointing at some body parts a couple weeks ago (nose, eye, hair, ears, tummy, etc). All things she's done in the past but quit doing. She has even done them for Ms. Sharla and the speech therapist. :) She is so happy at school. I got to observe her in PE and music class last week and she's content and participating in both classes.
Update on AC: She continues to keep me on my toes. She remembers everything. Her memory is much better than mine. ;) She makes new friends everywhere we go, although she is shy at first. She is quickly moving into 4T clothes, which would make her close in size to EK. She recently memorized John 3:16 (which I'll post a video soon) and loves to tell the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den to anyone who will listen. She is so excited about Christmas. I am trying to use every opportunity to remind her of the true reason for Christmas. It's good for me too. :) She's a great helper to me most of the time and loves EK immensely!
Keith and I are doing well too. :)
Comments
Post a Comment