Christmas break
The end is in sight! I know EK is eager to get back to therapy and school so her routine is back! :) I had two goals for EK over the 2 week break: work on potty training and invite people over to show her it's not so bad. We worked on both....potty training didn't go so well. I really just hoped it would "click". I put her in panties, but she still isn't bothered when she has an accident. I immediately would tell her "yucky" and put clean panties on her. I hoped that she'd start to like the way it felt and that would motivate her to go in the potty. Here's what I can't figure out. If I wake her up in the morning and sit her on the potty, she will go. I know there isn't a fear of the potty and the fact that she goes once a day and not any other time puzzles me. I don't know if she's more relaxed when she first wakes up. She went only ONE other time during the 2 week break. I did make a HUGE deal! I know we'll get there eventually, I was just hoping to see some progress in this area.
Our other goal of having people over went well. We had my family over several times, her friend Austin, and some older ladies from church. She was upset each time when someone came, but each fit didn't last more than 15 minutes. Tuesday we went to Austin's house and she did really well there. She likes her friend! On Thursday we went to Chick-Fil-A to meet some friends. I have to admit I was a little nervous. We never take her to restaurants. Not only do I have to worry about her crying/screaming because she's upset, I have to make sure she doesn't eat food off the floor or take food from someone else's table. Other than a few minor upsets that each lasted less than a few minutes, she did well. I even got to catch up with my friend a little. :) **On a side note, EK was making some noises as we were in line waiting for our food. A sweet lady approached me and asked if she had asperger's, to which I replied "No, she has autism." The lady told me she was a special education teacher and that EK was a precious angel. :) Some parents might be upset that others know their child has autism, for me, it's a relief b/c I feel like they understand my child a little and know that she's not just a behavior problem.
After our outing at Chick-Fil-A, I got a little daring. We ran to the dry cleaners, 2 shoe repair places, and Albertson's. I only needed 4 things from Albertson's, so I thought it was worth a shot. She did really good in the store and didn't get too loud. :) I moved as quickly as I could!
The other days we just stayed at home and relaxed. The girls have colds and consequently have been sleeping more. There were several days that neither one was up before 8:30am! That was greatness for this mama! :) Tomorrow morning will probably be a little rough, but we are all excited to get back to our schedule!
Our other goal of having people over went well. We had my family over several times, her friend Austin, and some older ladies from church. She was upset each time when someone came, but each fit didn't last more than 15 minutes. Tuesday we went to Austin's house and she did really well there. She likes her friend! On Thursday we went to Chick-Fil-A to meet some friends. I have to admit I was a little nervous. We never take her to restaurants. Not only do I have to worry about her crying/screaming because she's upset, I have to make sure she doesn't eat food off the floor or take food from someone else's table. Other than a few minor upsets that each lasted less than a few minutes, she did well. I even got to catch up with my friend a little. :) **On a side note, EK was making some noises as we were in line waiting for our food. A sweet lady approached me and asked if she had asperger's, to which I replied "No, she has autism." The lady told me she was a special education teacher and that EK was a precious angel. :) Some parents might be upset that others know their child has autism, for me, it's a relief b/c I feel like they understand my child a little and know that she's not just a behavior problem.
After our outing at Chick-Fil-A, I got a little daring. We ran to the dry cleaners, 2 shoe repair places, and Albertson's. I only needed 4 things from Albertson's, so I thought it was worth a shot. She did really good in the store and didn't get too loud. :) I moved as quickly as I could!
The other days we just stayed at home and relaxed. The girls have colds and consequently have been sleeping more. There were several days that neither one was up before 8:30am! That was greatness for this mama! :) Tomorrow morning will probably be a little rough, but we are all excited to get back to our schedule!
Comments
Post a Comment