Grama Foster (1/10/24- 1/7/11)
I found out last night that my sweet Grama went home to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon. To be honest, I was completely shocked! I just talked to her on the phone a week ago. They were here in Texas in November. Apparently, she had been sick with a stomach bug for a couple days and she went in her sleep. What a peaceful way to go! I'm thankful that I can say with confidence that my grandmother is in Heaven now, praising our Heavenly Father. She was saved by the blood of Jesus and knew that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6)
She was a godly example to my family (and many others!). She was a great example of what it means to be a pastor's wife. I am thankful she prayed for me (and my family) daily, I am thankful for her wisdom and advice, I am thankful for the wonderful memories I have of her! Growing up, we were very close with my mom's parents. We lived 2 hours from them and spent many holidays with them. Each summer, the kids would each get a week at their house. We took several vacations with them to Lancaster County, PA. They helped me move into my dorm my sophomore year. I am so glad they were at my wedding and that they have met my 2 daughters and that AC knows who Grama Foster is now.(She was 10 months old their previous visit.) Their last visit, Grama came with me one morning to take EK to ABA therapy. She wanted to see where EK was most days so she could pray for her in a more effective way. After we dropped EK off, AC, Grama and I went to get bagels for breakfast. Every time we pass Einstein Brothers now, AC reminds me that that's where we had bagels with Grama Foster. :)
Last night, I was going through some old photo albums and found these pictures. I am grateful to have these. :) Growing up, many people told me I favored my Grama. I am honored by that compliment.
My Grama and me when I was almost 2 yrs. old.
Grama and me at their house (2/81)
She was a godly example to my family (and many others!). She was a great example of what it means to be a pastor's wife. I am thankful she prayed for me (and my family) daily, I am thankful for her wisdom and advice, I am thankful for the wonderful memories I have of her! Growing up, we were very close with my mom's parents. We lived 2 hours from them and spent many holidays with them. Each summer, the kids would each get a week at their house. We took several vacations with them to Lancaster County, PA. They helped me move into my dorm my sophomore year. I am so glad they were at my wedding and that they have met my 2 daughters and that AC knows who Grama Foster is now.(She was 10 months old their previous visit.) Their last visit, Grama came with me one morning to take EK to ABA therapy. She wanted to see where EK was most days so she could pray for her in a more effective way. After we dropped EK off, AC, Grama and I went to get bagels for breakfast. Every time we pass Einstein Brothers now, AC reminds me that that's where we had bagels with Grama Foster. :)
Last night, I was going through some old photo albums and found these pictures. I am grateful to have these. :) Growing up, many people told me I favored my Grama. I am honored by that compliment.
My Grama and me when I was almost 2 yrs. old.
Grama and me at their house (2/81)




Comments
Post a Comment