EK's Fabulous Friday
My last post was kind of a downer and I apologize for leaving it that way for over a week. That's where I was that week...just frustrated and discouraged. This past week was much better. We were back in the routine of therapy and preschool. Usually after a break, EK has a great Monday. I think it's because she's so thrilled to have structure again. Last Monday wasn't that great. It wasn't horrible, but certainly nothing to write about. Keith and AC took a trip to MS on Tuesday to see his parents. On Wednesday morning, EK and I had a flat tire and am thankful that some church friends were able to help me out!! Once Keith and AC came home Thursday evening, another week was almost done. Every week seems to fly by anymore. Anyone else? Anyway, when I went to pick up EK on Friday afternoon, Ms. Sharla said it was a 4+ day (5 being incredible). I love that the Lord gives EK really good days once in a while. I really needed that! Here are a few highlights from preschool: *she was very attentive during group time to teacher and materials...Ms. Sharla said she'd give a grunt if she felt she needed a turn or attention. *she clapped and stomped on command and in imitation with songs. *she was more independent with selecting the correct picture on the tech-talk (device used for non-verbal kids that says what picture is selected so they can hear the word) to answer academic questions. *PE...she waited patiently in line for her turn and sat in a large circle independently with no teacher right there. (That's a BIG deal for EK's short attention span) *she is now walking at the end of the line. She holds onto the classmate's backpack by herself and follows. If she loses her grip, she makes a verbal grunt so they stop. Then she gets hold of the friend's backpack again. (I saw this for myself.) Little things are still worth celebrating! :) Hoping for another great day again soon!
yeah for ek........and a big yeah for mommy...hang in there girl....
ReplyDelete