21 weeks down...

Here I am at 21 weeks. Quite the baby bump this early in the game. I always get VERY big, partly because I have bigger babies. EK was 7 lbs. 15 oz. (5 days early) and AC was 8 lbs. 14 oz. (2 2 weeks early). I am not hoping to keep my record going, which would mean earlier and a whopping 9 lbs. 13 oz!!


I had an appointment with my doctor this morning. We had a sonogram at 16 weeks to try and find out what we're having. Baby Sanders wasn't very cooperative. It was hard to get a good view and the umbilical cord was down there as well. My doctor said he'd check again at this appointment.


Today it was pretty clear that we are having a.....




BOY!




We are really excited! Our sincere desire is for a healthy baby, whether boy or girl. However, now that we're fairly certain it's a boy, I'm excited for a new adventure! Our doctor was "pretty sure" at my 16 week appointment, so we've been calling it "he", "baby brother", etc. I just wanted to see the baby again before I shared it with everyone. :) His heartrate was at 144 bpm and he is still measuring a week early (edd: 8/28/11) but we're not changing the due date. I am feeling him move a lot now, which is always reassuring! Morning sickness has been gone for a while, but I am still tired. That might just be how things are from here on out! ;)



AC seems to be pretty excited as well. She really thought it was a girl (or maybe that's what she was hoping for). However, once we told her she was having a brother, she has proudly told anyone who will listen. :) She is going to be such a big help. She told Keith a while back that she was going to help change diapers (not the yucky ones). She's also excited to give bottles, make him laugh when he's sad, and hold him. :) We'll see if things change once he's here. I know the novelty will wear off after a while, but overall, I think she's going to adore him. :)

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited for you and pray you have a safe and healthy remainder of your pregnancy! We'll have to get these two together sometime once they're both here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa! Congratulations! Praying for you and baby boy! In my experience, the "novelty" hasn't worn off with Sadie and you know I have older boys! They love on her and care for her so much. One of our boys more so than the other two. You just never know, your little guy might have more than one doting "mommy" for the rest of his precious life!!! So happy for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah yeah yeah......what's the name gonna be? you can have logan or taylor if you want...hahahhahahahaha so excited for you...and if aubrey is anything like my aubrey she will love love love the baby and it won't wear off.....so fun and looking forward to hearing more....
    p.s. if you have a baby bump, i'm having quadruplets!!! grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is pam on taylors computer....mine died and i am waiting for a new one....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O boy, o boy, o boy! Are you in for it! :o) Ha ha ha! Congratulations! My mom always says that I was no preparation for her boys (my younger brothers). Apparently Jason and Jeremy were both walking on their bath water at day one, so it's hard to get a clear picture from Mom Allen. I guess it's a good thing we only remember the good stuff or everyone would just stop at one. :o) Jonathan is a very good baby, but already more rambunctious and needy for cuddles and attention than most of the girl babies his age that we know of. Of course, it could be that his Momma has already spoiled him rotten! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I figured it was you. :) I'll add Logan and Taylor to the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to add my congratulations on your little boy! So excited for ya'll, and continuing to pray for baby boy and all of you! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 months ago today...

Autism Awareness Day

Anticipating Christmas