8 months!
This cutie is 8 months old! Just 4 more months before he's a year old. That is so crazy!! This past one was a big one for him. He's now very mobile. He first learned how to sit up on his own and just this past week, he started crawling. I am getting a glimpse of his activity level. He's my earliest crawler by a month. Guess it's either b/c he's a boy or he wants to keep up with his sisters. :) It was hard getting a good picture this month b/c he can't sit still!
An example of how he's always moving...
Here's another one...
Enjoying the exersaucer outside!
Whose idea was this? He loved it for a good 20 minutes.
We got rid of the infant carrier and we're now in a convertible carseat. He was talking to himself in the car this afternoon b/c he can see himself in the mirror. So cute!
Trying out the ball pit
See the red mark on his forehead?? This was there for about a week when he first learned to sit himself up. His arms weren't strong enough to push his body up so he'd drag his head on the floor as he sat up. It's gone now but I was worried it'd be there a long time.
Enjoying dinner!
Despite all the trama in his life, he's a good baby! He's so curious about everything and everyone around him. He goes with the flow pretty well. Case in point: He had a 15 minute nap this morning in the car. I woke him up to feed him and then met a dear friend at 10 to do some shopping. At noon, we met a group of pastors wives for lunch. He was a doll! He fell asleep on one of the ladies he'd just met and didn't fuss until the very end (around 1:30).
We've been nursing for 8 months. I am so proud that we've made it this far. My goal is a year. I never made it tha long with the girls. I remember quitting around 8 months with AC, hoping she'd start sleeping through the night and it really didn't work. I keep reminding myself it's just another couple months. The boy doesn't take a pacifier so that's one reason he wakes up several times a night. He needs his mama!
A few firsts this month:
*taking baths in the big tub (LOVES bathtime...always cures the fussiness!)
*sitting himself up
*crawling 4/16
*eating mum-mums 4/20
Andrew-boy, you are such a mama's boy! I love you so much and am so thankful you're mine! It's been really fun to see your sweet personality the past couple weeks, even while you were not feeling well. You love to play and cuddle! The Lord knew you were the missing piece to our family. What a joy you are!
Just wait till that little man gets on his feet. My Mom always told me that I never prepared her for her boys. :o) It's a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete