Not according to my plan...

Today was one of those days that didn't go as I had hoped. Usually on Tuesdays, EK and AC go to school, I am able to go to Bible study while AK goes to the nursery and then AK and I run a couple errands. Yesterday, EK's school called to say she threw up at recess. I was a little surprised b/c she had acted fine earlier in the day. I know kids can get sick randomly though so we went up to the school to get her. As I was putting the kids in the car, one of her teachers reminded me that she had to be ok for 24 hours before coming back to school. I thought about all that was going to change today and prepared myself for it. I sadly don't handle a change in my plans very well, usually. I realized I was missing my last Bible study session (in an incredible study called "Seeking Him") and that I wasn't going to be able to join my small group for lunch like we'd planned. I was rather disappointed, but I knew that the Lord's plan was obviously better.
Our morning was a little crazier than usual as I hurried to get 3 kids and myself ready and out the door at 9am to take AC to preschool. Of course, it was picture day too. Truth be told, AC probably would've stayed home today if it hadn't been picture day. She's my "right-hand man". AK fell asleep in the car after dropping of AC so we drove around a little, got me some breakfast from Dunkin Donuts (one just opened nearby!!), and sat in the car so AK could nap. EK patiently sat in the car! When he woke up, we went into Sprouts to get some things for EK....her coconut milk, her coconut milk yogurt, her gluten free/dairy free/egg free cookies (Yes, it is worth paying $4 for 12 cookies...she loves them!). EK stayed by the stroller the entire time. She was happy the entire time. I was so proud of her! Two years ago or even a year ago, this situation wouldn't have been so pleasant.
After that, we came home and ate lunch. She wandered around the house while I tried to do a little picking up and cleaning. She didn't get into too much. One of her favorite things to do right now is take dirty dishes out of the sink. I think it's partly b/c she's tall enough to look into the sink now. You'd think I would learn to be quicker about washing them or putting them in the dishwasher. (Side note: The dirty dishes are mostly plastic plates and kid silverware...nothing breakable!) Before I knew it, it was time to go pick up AC from school.
Even though Tuesday wasn't my "normal" day, it was a good day. I am thankful the Lord allowed me some time with just EK and AK. That doesn't happen often and I need to take advantage of it when I do have that time. EK was happy most of the day, even though her routine was changed. I hope that the next time the Lord changes my plans for the day, I will not get upset. Instead of throwing my own pity party, I pray that I will remember that God is sovereign and His plan is always perfect, even in my day-to-day routine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...