15 months old
I need to post this before he turns 16 months. ;) Cannot believe this big boy is almost 16 months. He is defintely a toddler now. Not much baby left in him at all. :(
We had his 15 month check up the end of November. At that time, he weighed 24 lbs. and 4 oz (50%) and was 30 1/2 inches long (20%). He still has a large head at 19 1/4 (80%) Ha! :)
We didn't do any vaccinations because he was getting over an ear infection and still on antibiotics. We'll catch one next time at his 18 month check-up.
He eats well!! He drinks about 16-20 oz of coconut milk a day. He also likes to drink water. I put just an ounce of juice in a cup and fill the rest with water. I'm thankful he's not a big juice drinker. He LOVES to eat. He will try anything we give him. I still am avoiding dairy, gluten and egg with him. I also try to avoid soy but I'm not as careful with that. Most days he eats several fruits and veggies. (I still do some baby food so I know he's getting a variety and it's easier.) At lunch and dinner he'll eat whatever we're having (as long as it's gf/cf/ef).
He sleeps well! Man, I thought that day was never going to come. Before we knew he had an ear infection, I really didn't suspect anything (besides the fact that Keith, AC and I had strep.) He slept well at night. He sleeps longer if he has 2 naps during the day. There are days he only gets one nap, but he'll be up by 6:30am. For now, we'll keep 2 naps.
He has 14 teeth!! He has all four molars and 2 top eye teeth. Quite impressive!
He loves to play! He loves to go up to the playroom and explore. He will sit and look at books. He loves cars and balls....such a boy! If he has a ball, he has to throw it. :)
He is starting to say a few words: dada (Daddy), bah (ball), baba (bottle), go (again), baa (bath), see (sissy), oh (uh-oh), ooh (Ooh!), na (more). He doesn't say mama, but most of the time he still favors me. ;) He also signs "more", "please" and "milk". Even though he doesn't say much, he understands a lot. If I tell him to take something to Keith, he will. If I ask him for his cup, he'll find it and bring it to me. If I tell him no, he'll stop...for a second and then try again. ;)
He is a little clingy lately. I think a little big of separation anxiety that heightened while Keith and I were in NYC. He got a tummy bug while we were gone too. He's getting better. The first couple mornings he would not let me put him down. He wanted me to hold him while he ate, while he watched AC, etc.
He's a climber. He likes to sit at the table in a regular chair now and if I turn my back for a second, he stands up on the chair to reach something he wants. He knows he's not supposed to, little stinker. Most of the time he just gives a big grin. I am trying to consistently put him down on the floor so he learns. Boy, he's a lot of work, but totally worth it. He loves the Christmas tree. It was hard at first to stay on him and remind him not to take the ornaments off. After a couple days, the novelty has worn off and he's leaving it alone! :)
He's still pretty well behaved when running errands. I put him in his stroller or in a shopping cart. As long as he's not completely exhausted and I have snacks, he's good. He loves to look around. Lots of people have commented on how serious he is. He's taking it all in, but he's always excited to see other babies. :)
Sweet boy dressed for church. Can you see Aubrey holding his head? Poor boy!
Love this boy so much!!
Comments
Post a Comment