Sharing germs...it's bound to happen.


The day after Thanksgiving, Keith went to CareNow b/c his throat was bothering him. He was diagnosed with strep! On Saturday, I started feeling yucky and on Sunday afternoon, AC and I went to CareNow. She said her throat hurt a little and her ear felt weird. We both came back positive for strep and AC had an ear infection. I didn't know what to think of AK and EK. They were acting ok...sleeping and eating fine. EK seemed a little calmer than usual, but she'd been home all week and out of routine. I sent her to school Monday morning b/c she had no symptoms, no fever and ate 2 waffles for breakfast. The school called around lunchtime saying that she had a low-grade fever. I went to pick her up and then called our pediatrician's office to make an appointment. That afternoon they swabbed EK and even though her throat didn't look red to him, she was positive for strep! I figured AK had it to. They waited to swab him though until EK's came back. While he checked AK out, he found that he had an ear infection. I was surprised b/c he's been sleeping well. They decided not to swab his throat since he was getting antibiotics for the ear infection. So, we have all been on antibiotics this past week! CRAZY!!
I can't remember the last time I had strep, definitely as a child. Praying that this will be it for sickness this winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...