A treasure I am thankful for

 
 
Above is a picture of one of the recipes my Grama wrote out for me. When Keith and I got married, she gave me a book of some of her favorite recipes. She was a good cook so every recipe is tasty. As special as the recipes are, I love that she wrote them by hand. She had beautiful penmanship (something you don't see often today) and I love that I have this collection.
 
On January 5th, it was the 2nd anniversary of her passing from this world to her eternal home. On January 10th, she would have turned 89. I miss her just as much today as when she first left this world. There are so many times I want to pick up the phone to talk with her, share things that are going on, or get some advice/encouragement.
 
When I make one of her recipes, I'm taken back to her kitchen. I think of fond memories of us cooking together or washing the dishes after a meal. There were always conversations involved. Sweet memories. Something I am trying to pass on to AC. She enjoys helping me in the kitchen and I try to  talk about life while we do it. It also makes me smile that she is always willing to try a recipe from Grama Foster's book. :) Gramas know how to cook, don't they?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism Awareness Day

3 days in a row...

3 months ago today...